Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Goat Van

Was there an issue with that lacy underwear you told everyone about in the shoutbox this arvo goatman?
    Nunc est bibendum...

Nice work on the motor mate. Actually I missed your van it was my wife who said.. did you see the white van? Was that goat? (she used your name, she thinks better of you).

It's a rockin'
    Awesome,just imagine how much more of my stuff the van will be able to deliver after the swap meets with a V8,any plans on buying a car trailer?

Thatotherguy, If I got a car trailer your son would just want to put the whole commodore on it next time, not just the bumper, haha.

This motor is actually the product of a goat/mook joint venture. We picked up a ute and split it, mook getting the ute, 3.08 LSD diff and various other trinkets. I got the 308, T400, Complete exhaut with Pacemaker Headers and the gas system (Anyone want a gas system, I've changed my mind on that one)

Problem was, as I cleaned off all the grime the other day, this is what was left of the engine number.

IMG_2173.JPG

Looks like the did a good job when they rebuilt and decked the motor but lost the engine number in the process.
    After talking to the police who told me I'd need to ring the department of transport and then they might be able to work something out. Well that was sounding hard.
    So I thought I'd ask Dr Google how to find away, keeping in mind I'm risk adverse so I didn't want to make up a number or get a number off a scrapped block. Murphy's law is I always get caught and then I'd loose my van or something.

This is the result of hitting the area with rust converter, then heat with an oxy torch. (GTS cap in the way of the complete number to protect the innocent)

IMG_2174.JPG

I hope this helps someone else out one day.

That's good to know. 11QT number = Statesman.

I don't know why, but I seem to attract stateman 308s. This one, my ute has one, even the ute mook bought that I almost bought was a statesman 308.

The van is a replica, so looks about right is all I'm going for. Less matching numbers non-original paint means more dirt roads, salt sprayed carparks and other adventures right?

Sounds right to me!

I think the 308 will defiantly help with 'lifestyle'

Quote Originally Posted by ambientgoat View Post
    I don't know why, but I seem to attract stateman 308s. This one, my ute has one, even the ute mook bought that I almost bought was a statesman 308.

The van is a replica, so looks about right is all I'm going for. Less matching numbers non-original paint means more dirt roads, salt sprayed carparks and other adventures right?
    Our yellow van had a 308 out of a hx stato we sold it for $200 for a boat motor and it blew up 3 months after it was put in the boat
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Another weekend draws to a close,

I can't work out if this photo;

10706891_1516769621873393_2022721354_n.jpg

or this photo;

10706747_1478439375759916_774346297_n.jpg

is my favorite of the weekend.

Onto the serious buisness, is this a rope rear main seal? And does this also mean I have to remove the crank to replace it? My gergory's manual shows using a punch to knock the old seal out before sliding in a new one, but this process just ended up with me putting a dent in the seal and nothing moving.

IMG_2234.JPG

After removing the last snapped off bolt, it looks like I'm going to need a new timing cover.

IMG_2233.JPG

Thread Information