Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new arm rests

P Plater

new arm rests

hey all im looking into getting some new arm rest from a place called the dashboard doctor they are the statesman style ones which run the length of the door available in all original colours, the reason why im going with the statesman one is ive installed elec windows and have sourced an original style hq-z switch which is a twin switch which im going to mount in the centre consile.
    anyway just wanted to know other thoughts and if anyone has bought a set of these new from this supplier or another one
    cheers macca

Cruiser
    I bought a set of new repro arm rests of ebay last year.....I can't remember who the seller was but they are absolute crap. I'm going to have to go find a good set of originals.

I have some short blackies.. me thinks GTS. :Chin:

Cruiser
    I just checked my ebay history and the crappy arm rests came from the dash doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhz View Post
    hey all im looking into getting some new arm rest from a place called the dashboard doctor they are the statesman style ones which run the length of the door available in all original colours, the reason why im going with the statesman one is ive installed elec windows and have sourced an original style hq-z switch which is a twin switch which im going to mount in the centre consile.
    anyway just wanted to know other thoughts and if anyone has bought a set of these new from this supplier or another one
    cheers macca
    I have not read of anyone on these forums using Dashboard Doctor, I spoke to them a year ago or more on my dash they sounded very good and competent but I went for a local trimmer (Dashboard Original in SA) in the end.

Not that it'd be much good to you, since yr in country Victoria, but I ended up havg a local upholsterer refurbish a set of short ones for Mr Beigy... (local to my work in Bayswater). Two old guys who do some really good work, the armrests look really good and it cost me $200 for the 2 of them. I had rung around trying to find better prices, most charge around the $120 per armrest to refurbish, but i supplied my own vinyl that i'd bought from Daley's (upholsterer supplier). There was one place that would supply me new ones for a little more, i believe their supplier would be dashboard doctor, but i decided not to go with that as they weren't very friendly over the phone.
    it's here and I love it!!

Banned
    Rares have a set of my short ones to use for making reproduction ones from. Don't when they will be ready though. Hopefully they will be of a good standard.

Sandman Guru
    One thing to be wary of with the original Statesman/Premier/LS/BO6 armrests is they fold up in the bottom corners. GMH sold a screw kit and funny washer to screw through the armrest and into the door. Original cars don't have this screw or the corresponding hole through the armrest. Not sure if the repro ones do or not.

P Plater
    thanks for the info guys, looks like i might have to personally check these new arm rests out before purchase, as most of you know the prem/staesman one curl up from the bottom so finding a original set which is usable probably isnt going to happen

I got arm wrests from the dashboard doctor a couple of weeks ago and I was really happy with them (black HZ Sandman- not Stateman). I put them beside the original and I can't see any major problems with them and they were really quick to deliver too. At least they don't look as tired as the old ones.
    So unless I've missed some obvious problem that I'm not aware of, I'm really happy with them!!
    I asked the same question on another thread and there was no response, so I found them and ordered them. All good!!
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Thread Information