Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holden HZ Sandman Panelvan - eBay

Banned
    Felicia there are only two types of Sandmans, derated for sedan tyres XX7 and the heavier load carrying tyres XU3. Now only Brisbane stamped the plates with the option code, which is unfortunate as it would have made it so much easier to prove the identity and also would have eliminated incorrect assumptions.
    Good luck with the fishing Felicia.

It's a rockin'
    whats the problem with taking the tags off a car ? as long as its done carefully and you dont damage them it should be ok i took mine off because of rust if i just cleaned up around them it would have spread

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    whats the problem with taking the tags off a car ? as long as its done carefully and you dont damage them it should be ok i took mine off because of rust if i just cleaned up around them it would have spread
    I never took them off my HZ Sandman ute when I painted it in 1998. I was working under the bonnet the other weekend and just brushed off dust from the tags. The body tag FELL OFF!!!!!
    The rivets where coroded away underneeth. There was NO rust in that area when I painted the ute. The rivets looked to be in great condition.

So I guess there you go. Why would you NOT take the tags off! I will be taking the rest off now and re riveting them on with new rivets! Thank god it diddnt happen while driving down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    I never took them off my HZ Sandman ute when I painted it in 1998. I was working under the bonnet the other weekend and just brushed off dust from the tags. The body tag FELL OFF!!!!!
    The rivets where coroded away underneeth. There was NO rust in that area when I painted the ute. The rivets looked to be in great condition.

So I guess there you go. Why would you NOT take the tags off! I will be taking the rest off now and re riveting them on with new rivets! Thank god it diddnt happen while driving down the road!
    Same thing happened last year to the yellow van, Rodney washed the most important tag off in the truck wash bay, thankfully his brother found it as it was at his then workplace. would have been worthless without the tag, rivet back on with rivets supplied by stickthis...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    What a load of cr@p. So that also means all the XV4 and XV8 HQ Kingswoods not built at Acacia Ridge are also not desirable?
    Agree 100% Byron (load of cr@p)
    I have an Adelaide built HQ XV4 (Barbados Green) and an Adelaide built HZ XX7 van (Flamenco Red) ... the fact they were Adelaide built made no differene to my decision to purchase as I knew what I was getting.
    Desireable? PG13ing OATH, to me anyway.
    SNDMN

79 HZ Sandman XX7 Van Flamenco Red - out 'n' about cruzin'

There's no doubting the authenticity of this vehicle among the old timers around here who followed the trials and tribulations of Jason's hunt for a Palais White Sandman van. He wouldn't have bought it if it was suss. Jason has more Sandman knowledge in his left PG13 than most of ebay's browsers combined. As he says, 10K ono is just a starting point to weed out the wankers, not a set in concrete price. If you look at the auction you will see that it met reserve at $4900 and the only reason it hasn't left the premises is cause the high bidder thinks something suspect is going on because of some random ebayer's bid retraction. If you turn up at his house with a car trailer and a pocket of cash I doubt you would need anywhere near 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    There's no doubting the authenticity of this vehicle among the old timers around here who followed the trials and tribulations of Jason's hunt for a Palais White Sandman van. He wouldn't have bought it if it was suss. Jason has more Sandman knowledge in his left PG13 than most of ebay's browsers combined. As he says, 10K ono is just a starting point to weed out the wankers, not a set in concrete price. If you look at the auction you will see that it met reserve at $4900 and the only reason it hasn't left the premises is cause the high bidder thinks something suspect is going on because of some random ebayer's bid retraction. If you turn up at his house with a car trailer and a pocket of cash I doubt you would need anywhere near 10k.
    Thankyou mate. Very well said.

Agreement has been made with my X wife. I am no longer selling the van!

at a boy! looking forward to you getting stuck into the resto in the not too distant future then
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    Agreement has been made with my X wife. I am no longer selling the van!
    That's GREAT news Jason....
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Thread Information