Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holden HZ Sandman Panelvan - eBay

Cruiser
    It just means you're not meant to sell it

Quote Originally Posted by mr.jones View Post
    It just means you're not meant to sell it
    devorse settlement. Its either that or the GTS. hmmmmm lol or the ute......... So hence the sandman is going.

tell her its not a sandman and just a palais white ambulance, and pay her out in leftover stickers.
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

hahaha yes would love to...............

good call [MENTION=17]adam perth[/MENTION]

Relist at 10k buy now for an `ol tradies vehicle with excessive rust / weathered? (Not to mention the metal plates arent attached...) Something isnt right with this one.... if thats worth 10k to somebody, some nice examples would surely be worth 50 - 60k? What was this vehicles history? It's listed as an XX7, and after research, the only sandmans to be recognised as "XX7" AND desirable to collectors at auction, were built in qld... not Adelaide. This one clearly rings the alarm bells... I may be upsetting some, however it is not my intent. I would love to hear others honost feedback about the authenticity of this XX7, and the astronomical price. There must be an explanation. It seems that some `experts' of this forum / panelvan owners may be manipulating information, to secure better sales figures for their bombs.

[MENTION=603]Felicia[/MENTION] - you arnt on Fastlane as "Bob Dobalina" are ya... ahhh the classic stir and wait for the bite. haha

I guess thats why those bertiestreet.com sites are not as inclusive like here. They just get tired of it.

But..... we are inclusive so please expand. Everybody is welcome to a point of view and hopefully that increases the bank of knowledge on Sandman history for all.

Do you think Sandman's were only built in Brisbane and if so why?

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 05-10-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    ...It's listed as an XX7, and after research, the only sandmans to be recognised as "XX7" AND desirable to collectors at auction, were built in qld... not Adelaide.
    Felicia the XX7 is the designated GMH code for the Special Vehicle Options Package as is XU3 in relation to Sandman.
    There are many others for other models and series e.g;

XW5 - Outback Equipment Pkg
    XX3 - New Zealand Vehicle Pkg
    XX4 - Thailand Vehicle Pkg

You are right that XX7 and XU3 were only stamped at the Brisbane plant, but the Sandman was not exclusively made at Brisbane, they were made at other plants as well although not stamped XX7 or XU3 this does cause some confusion and would have been easier if GMH stamped XX7 and XU3 at all plants for the Sandman.

There are shysters out there that would 'dress up' a van/ute to appear as a legitimate Sandman and a community like we have here should be educated and vigilant

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    , and after research, the only sandmans to be recognised as "XX7" AND desirable to collectors at auction, were built in qld... not Adelaide.
    What a load of cr@p. So that also means all the XV4 and XV8 HQ Kingswoods not built at Acacia Ridge are also not desirable?

Felicia. Looks like you need to do some research. Also do a google search for stickthis decals. And then tell me I am a dodgey seller. I have been around the sandman community for a long time. Price is 10k with best offer. So basically best offer gets it. I am sick and tired of dealing with dreamers and time wasters. Anyone who is serially interested will contact me. As for tags not on the car. It was stored interstate. I took them off for safety. Chassis matches so I'm unsure of the issue? Body is original and again if someone isn't a time waster they will take time tome to come have a look and see for themselves.

LMAO thankyou for your expert input. ;)

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    What a load of cr@p. So that also means all the XV4 and XV8 HQ Kingswoods not built at Acacia Ridge are also not desirable?
    HAHAHAHA. Byron. When I listed it I simply done it to stir the pot by putting XX7 in the listing. Not doing anything wrong as it's what it is. There has been many "experts" tell me it's not hahaha.. Again I gets rid of the dreamers. ;)

Thread Information