View Poll Results: Will you cope with a Banner Ad on the site?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 84.00%
  • No

1 4.00%
  • pfft Don't care my browser blocks Ads

1 4.00%
  • I want original NOS air for my tyres.

2 8.00%

Thread: Advertising

Advertising

I have often said that I would not have advertising on mySandman.com.au by advertising I mean in pop ups and various banner ads.

But the ongoing cost of maintaining the site is forcing me to look into some income stream to keep the site up for you.
    The sale of t-shirts and stickers will never be a long term solution, so I have been thinking that I will allow a banner ad to generate a fixed income to keep the site viable.

I'd be interested in your feelings on this.

Vote NOW!
    Last edited by Blocker; 20-09-2011 at 02:40 PM.

9 votes...?

OK

wheres it going to go, up top, similar to aussie v8??

Yeah, I'd cope.

Why don't you shove a little "Donate" button somewhere as well.

Another cool option I've seen over at Hemi6pack is a forum auction section. If a member has something they don't need or want anymore they put up an auction thread with a stated closing date. Members simply bid in posts and the winner at the end of the auction pays the money to the site admin who then informs the auction starter and they mail the item straight to the winner. Someone gets rid of something they don't need, someone else gets to buy something and the site gets some money. It works best with something related to the site (eg. someone has a Sandman brochure then finds one in better condition and put's the old one up for auction) but as long as it's something a couple of people will fight over then you can raise some good money.

Being a member of various guitar forums.....why cant we have a members area? Usually costs $20 a years and gives you access to archived stuff and larger inbox size! Saves you having any pop ups!!! Just a thought!!

Im guessing quite a few people would be happy to part with $20 to keep the forum humming along!! I know i would!!
    Last edited by Alien DNA; 05-10-2011 at 05:52 PM.

I'm on another forum that has the donation option. For the I think minimum donation of $20, you are able to put a picture in your signature, your name changes colour, you can have a bigger avatar, and you get access to the chat/shoutbox.

There might be more that I don't know, I haven't donated to it. The idea is good in principal though.

84% voted that ads would be ok while 8% want NOS factory air in their tyres

So the opportunity is available for businesses to be promoted on the forums, we wont do pop ups, just three (3) fixed locations on a rotation basis and I hope you will all watch out and support the supporters of mySandman.com.au - without their support and yours the community would not exist. Thank you.

can you tell me your price structure for your adds. thank you

Thread Information