Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V6HQUte finds a ute.

Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    come on guys, itd be really appreciated, sorry if im a bit pushy im just excited this thing should be super cheap and old mate will never know
    thanks gaddy ive been reading it, just want to confirm ive understood it correctly,definatly dont want to get this wrong
    Every Hq-Hz is worth a look

Get all the details off all 3 tags, and get the chassis number as well. That'll be a start, if the original glovebox is there, get the tyre placard number (bottom right hand corner of the tyre placard sticker) confirm it is original as best you can.
    Look for signs of blackouts, and possibly decals if they have been removed check inside door hinges etc.

The more photos you can take of identifying features, and the plates the better.

Good luck

thanks mate, i would like to run some info past you guys ive taken in from off here to help me identify it if thats allright and make sure its right, firstly is a xu4 still worth getting?
    its a ute so its model should be 8wm80, n is not, has to be m, stamped 2 seater, and possibly xx7
    xu3 has gvm 2200kg or lessm xx7 has 1950kg or less
    what else is good to look for its basicly a shell and chsssie, how to i tell if its original chassie, and if the plates are a matching set

was just looking at hqgtsbrads pops ute on here its stamped hj8wm80, but seating capacity of 3, is it still a sandman, heres the link
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...ead.php?t=2041
    The chassis number will match the number on the ADR plate.
    If it's marked as a 3 seater then it's not a Sandman. However we've got one plate recorded on here that was stamped 3 seat capacity then stamped again as 2... BUT that plate was also stamped XX7. We call it the Monday am shift Sandman!

Last edited by Blocker; 10-09-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    Have some patience young fella! A few of our more knowledgeable members come on here a bit later so you will get plenty of hits with the answers your after!
    yeah your right, ive never even seen a real sandman, so the possiblity it could be possibly own one is nuts, knowing my luck its probally nothing tho

--- Updated ---

thanks for the tips blocker il take heaps of photos, ill check for decals do you mean under the actual hinge(top or buttom), i think it has a glove box, whats a good cover story for looking so hard at the numbers?
    Last edited by V6HQUTE; 10-09-2011 at 11:13 PM.

yeah your right, ive never even seen a real sandman, so the possiblity it could be possibly own one is nuts, knowing my luck its probally nothing tho

--- Updated ---

thanks for the tips blocker il take heaps of photos, ill check for decals do you mean under the actual hinge(top or buttom), i think it has a glove box, whats a good cover story for looking so hard at the numbers?
    You want to know what you are buying, also you'd hate to offer him less than what it's really worth... right

--- Updated ---

oh snap!

umm original paint

--- Updated ---

dunno have to think of something thats not to ovious

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    You want to know what you are buying, also you'd hate to offer him less than what it's really worth... right
    really the bodys worth less, its basiclly just a shell and chassie, but the numbers have the value, ill see what he reckons its worth first
    hqgtsbrad, it looked to be original paint, but i really didnt take much notice until i started thinking about it today, ill just say i want to know what im buying so i can do a factory spec rebuild, which is true, and not mention sandman, or rare/special

--- Updated ---

i bet after all this its nothing:(

yeah thats why i said dont get to excited

Quote Originally Posted by HQGTSbrad View Post
    yeah thats why i said dont get to excited
    well there only one way to find out, tommorow
    cheers Myles

Relax Myles and good luck tomorrow mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    Relax Myles and good luck tomorrow mate!
    yeah relaxed now, still excited but now prepared for it to be nothing, 2hrs and definatly be able to tell or until i have to come back on here and ask if its one lol
    Last edited by V6HQUTE; 11-09-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: mistake

Banned
    Good luck!

Thread Information