Thread: You know it's been a bad day when.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You know it's been a bad day when.....

I knocked off work this arvo and some clever little creature had gone and knocked off my GTS wheel caps.
    Yeah yeah, I know, I should have locked them on.
    All my other vehicles have their caps locked in place using muffler flange gaskets (ring) cliped into the inside of the clips after they go on the rim. and they wont come off without taking the wheel off.
    Seems like if its not locked down these days, it's open slather for the theives...
    At least they have a few marks on them I would know if I saw them again..
    No respect, theivin' little so n so's and other under-my-breath curses..........:angry:

Oh crap what horrible people there are out there, we have all our original ones in a glass case, and replaced with rare spare lockable ones sad isn't it...we don't leave our van unattended for any length of time, and make sure we can see her from any place we choose to eat or drink at.....I will put out a post on FB which some of my Orange friends will read who have vans, so they can be on the lookout if anyone approaches them to sell hubcaps...keep an eye on evil bay, although surely they would be smart enough not to put them there to sell...maybe swap meets, hopeing they just took them for their own use, in which case you may well see them at a show n shine one day....:twisted: are they HQ Short tail ones? rare as too....I might have to donate my one and only to you as a gift so you don't feel so bad...I hate thieves so much....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

theiven bloody mungrels. I used to get my hubcaps pinched all the time, ok so they were only Kingswood chrome ones, after a while I found as good set n stuck em in a box, but the black painted ones on, they never got nicked, still have those chrome ones in the box today, could never bringmyself to getr rid of em. Sorry to hear that some one wanted them more than you QSet, that really stinks.

Cretins.

Scumbags. I hate thieves.

I had my GTS badges pinched from the monaro guards on my HQ van last year. And my sandman had the GTS mirrors nicked. Most annoying thing was how they twisted and wiggled the mirrors until they snapped out, damaging both my doors... And i had the external tacho stolen from my other HQ van a few years ago. Ripped it out of the cowling...

Nothing irks me more than working hard to build a nice car and some scum just takes it...

Youve just reminded me though to do that pipe trick on my GTS caps.

Sorry to hear about yr loss.

Thread Information