Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Could this be a sandman - Chassis swap

Good on us loll i thought that i was the only teen in Australia who had a love for cars, until i joined AV8.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by 83 WB_Ute View Post
    Huh, I must be lucky.... I have 6 friends that do not stop talking about cars.... one has an EK ute, another has a VW Kombi and Bettle... and I have my WB...
    I know your mate with the FB ute, My dad has talked to him on the phone. SMALL WORLD??

His user name on AV8 is Fud?

--- Updated ---

i only know one kid that has a few cars in including a HQ Premier, but he loves commodores he uses the prem as a paddock basher :(

Quote Originally Posted by HQGTSbrad View Post

I know your mate with the FB ute, My dad has talked to him on the phone. SMALL WORLD??

His user name on AV8 is Fud?
    Yeah, he is fud... his ute is almost done... I think it's at the trimmers atm...
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...te-Shed-Thread

My HZ Sandman Panelvan Replica:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...nelvan-Replica

WHERE ARE YOU BHZ29069A!?!?!?

I think i needa go to your school LOL man we should all meet up one day and have a huge cruze

I think i needa go to your school LOL man we should all meet up one day and have a huge cruze
    lol... Cruise from northern nsw... through to the great ocean road... that would be great... just 3 or 4 old holdens crusing around... lol
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:

I know another couple Kids in QLD that all have ol Holdens and on there P's we could dominate the highways lol

--- Updated ---

You live near Tamworth dont ya??

I'm 1 hour from Tamworth.

I know another couple Kids in QLD that all have ol Holdens and on there P's we could dominate the highways lol

You live near Tamworth dont ya??

I'm 1 hour from Tamworth.
    What a small world... I'm about 1 and a half hours north of tamworth...

Hahahaha lol.... rule the higways...
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:

Sure is haaaa

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTees View Post
    I simply informed him of where he can read the opinions of lots of forum members, then come to his own conclusions as the enjoyment he was having in finding a sandman was tainted by an single opinion.
    i wasnt trying to taint it..i was bursting his bubble before it got out of control and floated away...
    its called a reality check for the purposes of originality by identification of legal numbers.

As I said the opinion of 1 compared to the opinion of many.

I know this is a debate that may go on for ever but consider this.........

Firstly lets clear up what constitutes a Sandman? It is a GMH vehicle with a "unique number" stamped on the chassis, a GMH vehicle fitted with a body shell that has been fitted out to a Belmont/Kingswood luxury level, and then a further "sports" option package on top. All of these properties are documented in the Tag info that are fixed to the body.

Depending on where you live the local authorities use the GMH "unique number" stamped on the chassis to identify each vehicle and then they give it their own unique number.

So.........

Lets say I have a HQ Belmont ute. The least optioned, cheapest ute I could have bought from GMH. I run it over a gutter a speed and break the chassis. I find a burnt out HQ Sandman and buy its chassis to repair mine. Yes, its GMH "unique identifier" stamped into the chassis to differentiate it from the 2 million other utes out there has been changed and the relevant authorities need to be notified and paper work changed BUT........

Is it still a Belmont?

If it is no longer a Belmont, what is it?

Can I insure it as a Sandman?

Is it now worth the same money as a Sandman?

No! Its still a Belmont!

So why, if a Sandman has a chassis change, is it no longer a Sandman? It is a Sandman that has had its chassis changed and its original GMH "Unique Identifier" stamped into the chassis has been changed. So it is a non original Sandman.

Is it still a vehicle? Yes. Is it still a GMH vehicle? Yes. Is it still a GMH vehicle that was optioned up to Sandman? Yes. Just not as original as others.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTees View Post
    As I said the opinion of 1 compared to the opinion of many.

I know this is a debate that may go on for ever but consider this.........

Firstly lets clear up what constitutes a Sandman? It is a GMH vehicle with a "unique number" stamped on the chassis, a GMH vehicle fitted with a body shell that has been fitted out to a Belmont/Kingswood luxury level, and then a further "sports" option package on top. All of these properties are documented in the Tag info that are fixed to the body.

Depending on where you live the local authorities use the GMH "unique number" stamped on the chassis to identify each vehicle and then they give it their own unique number.

So.........

Lets say I have a HQ Belmont ute. The least optioned, cheapest ute I could have bought from GMH. I run it over a gutter a speed and break the chassis. I find a burnt out HQ Sandman and buy its chassis to repair mine. Yes, its GMH "unique identifier" stamped into the chassis to differentiate it from the 2 million other utes out there has been changed and the relevant authorities need to be notified and paper work changed BUT........

Is it still a Belmont?

If it is no longer a Belmont, what is it?

Can I insure it as a Sandman?

Is it now worth the same money as a Sandman?

No! Its still a Belmont!

So why, if a Sandman has a chassis change, is it no longer a Sandman? It is a Sandman that has had its chassis changed and its original GMH "Unique Identifier" stamped into the chassis has been changed. So it is a non original Sandman.

Is it still a vehicle? Yes. Is it still a GMH vehicle? Yes. Is it still a GMH vehicle that was optioned up to Sandman? Yes. Just not as original as others.
    i agree with you about the belmont, its still only a belmont, its the body and id tags that make it a sandman, and also this ute has a sunroof, they werent factory optioned were they, becuase the bloke i bought it off wants the sunroof, really if something happend to the chassie on a sandman, and the owner gets another, hes not going to say, i used to own a sandman until i changed the chassie, hes going to say i own a sandman.(full stop) and not mention the chassie
    Last edited by V6HQUTE; 12-09-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Thread Information