Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monaro CV6

P Plater

Monaro CV6

Hi Guys,

This is my current restoration project!

It is a 2003 V2 CV6 Monaro, Series 2. I bought it from an 84 year old gent'. It has done 12 000 km. It is a very basic Monaro. When I got it, I had all these plans to make it look like a CV8Z, but I have grown to like how basic it is.

When I took it for a test drive, the over speed alarm went off at 60 kmh. It has a minor blemish on a rear quarter and a couple minor parking scratches. It is still on original tyres and spare has not been used. I have to re colour the leather on the front drivers seat as paint or something similar has marked the leather. I have NOS trims for a later date, just in case. I have to buy any trim parts now as they are phasing them out at Holden as the car has hit that age.

It is the supercharged 6 version and goes quite well. As a collector car, well it aint, but it was affordable for me, and from a distance looks the same as a CV8, unless you know the differences.

A bit like a 202 Sandman, if a good one came up, you would still buy it if the price was right.

The only mod I might do is fit a CV8Z bonnet with scoops, but still keep the old one.

The Monaro CV6 was the ugly ducklings of the new Monaro's, so that means one day they will be rare.

Still looking for a Sandman! Like a lot of you, I had one when I was 18, I am now 43.

By the way, I have a 40 000 Mile manual EK and a 78 000 Mile auto EK. Both sedans, both original miles. My work ute is a VE2 Thunder Ute.

Cheers Geoff

IMG_0925.jpg
    Last edited by sanman; 05-09-2011 at 08:31 PM.

we had a red one like this loved it miss it heaps, let me know the chassis number ofr it might be ours, a guy bought our from Vic and drove it home

Have a BNOS CV6 badge here if you need one for the rear,

It has the wrong wheels too but you know that dont you

If you need any info let us know

We still have a Devil Yellow CV6 mint just 40k on it, only reason we let the red one go

The CV6's are quite rare they made sod all of them and not many kicking about good investment

if you do any mods keep original bits, I agree the bonnet needs to be changed I wouldnt say ugly duckling, i would say 186s of the modern, when they were relased they were never given any creed you buy a monaro you must have a V8 but these things fly good on ya

Last edited by Sandman_77; 05-09-2011 at 08:22 PM.

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_77 View Post
    we had a red one like this loved it miss it heaps, let me know the chassis number ofr it might be ours, a guy bought our from Vic and drove it home

Have a BNOS CV6 badge here if you need one for the rear,

It has the wrong wheels too but you know that dont you

If you need any info let us know

We still have a Devil Yellow CV6 mint just 40k on it, only reason we let the red one go

The CV6's are quite rare they made sod all of them and not many kicking about good investment

if you do any mods keep original bits, I agree the bonnet needs to be changed I wouldnt say ugly duckling, i would say 186s of the modern, when they were relased they were never given any creed you buy a monaro you must have a V8 but these things fly good on ya

Hi There,

The CV6 had different wheel to the CV8. I have the original brochure and that is what is shown for the CV6. They are carry over wheels from earlier Holden Models. I bought it from a guy in Melbourne, but I don't live too far away from where I got it from. I should have said in the original post, it is the series 2, the one with the VY dash. Sorry for any confusion. Is yours a series one or two? I don't think a lot were made, but I do not know exact figures. Most of the ones I see have high k's, so yours with 40K is very low. If you get time, post a pic.

Geoff
    Last edited by sanman; 05-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post

The Monaro CV6 was the ugly ducklings of the new Monaro's,

How do you figure that? I reckon your model is the cleanest smoothest look of the lot. Everything looks like it's supposed to be there and flows with every panel around it in the right way. The later ones with scoops and bootlid lips and side skirts and various other garbage looked like they had stuff tacked on.

Your model is a definite "must have" for me one day. That look with the later 6.0L and gearbox would be ideal.

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    How do you figure that? I reckon your model is the cleanest smoothest look of the lot. Everything looks like it's supposed to be there and flows with every panel around it in the right way. The later ones with scoops and bootlid lips and side skirts and various other garbage looked like they had stuff tacked on.

Your model is a definite "must have" for me one day. That look with the later 6.0L and gearbox would be ideal.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the look, it's just that everyone wants the V8. Interior is a very basic compared to 8, although it still has leather seats, you don't get climate control, 6 CD stereo etc and that nice V8 rumble. That's what I was getting at. I don't have any plans on selling it, hopefully it will be in the family for a long time.

Geoff

That's a very good looking car, well done. I had an 04 VY SS and it came with those wheel's, they look great.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    They should have really been a Monaro SV6, as they are really a 2 door S pack, where the CV8 is a Calais spec vehicle.

Much rarer than a CV8 though. Please keep it original, don't make it look like an XC Falcon with those awful bonnet scoops. Those and the lack of a boot is what made me buy a V2 instead of a VZ.

100% positive they should VX SS WHEELS on it also found on Storm UTE etc, I have brochure for all model moanros here if you wont me to scan it for you

the 40 k will pull out a pic for you, and will post a pic of the red one too

I had quite of few people intereste din ours when selling it sold to first looker with the cash wasnt keen but needed tomake way for new Bub

P Plater
    If you have the brochure with the red car on the front pictured in the desert, then past the middle pages on the bottom left is a photo of the wheels mine has. I think they were carry over VY. The export GTO also ran them but a larger size from memory.

IMG.jpg

Cheers Geoff

Sandman Guru
    Those wheels are the original 17" SV6 wheels for series II V2, same as VY SS ute. There were 2 x optional wheels as well. As far as I know the export GTO had the CV8 18" rims but in gloss not satin like we got here. I bought 2 x sets of them for my CV8 as they are easier to clean. They even came with Pontiac centre caps.

Thread Information