Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pumps - mechanical v electronic

Banned
    I just love the crackle. They make enough power to light up one wheel on a quick u-turn and enough crackle to make every one look, thats all that matters

The electric pump was a relatively cheap option under a couple of hundred bucks and will forfill the appearance issues if he can manage to get it in the old housing. Fuel pressure is similiar just more reliable. I dont labor over every thread and was unaware of the actual combo blocker was using. In my case I wanted a stock look but better performance its no race motor (about a hp a cube - flywheel for a 355) and no baffled tanks just a relatively stock looking motor that goes better than the average and wont disappoint me if I have just gotten out of the wifes ss and gone for a spin.

I don't think you need much pressure form the fuel pump I had a fuel pump pack it in on the way home from the mountains towing car trailer loaded with a Torana late Friday afternoon and couldn't get parts purchased 10feet of fuel pipe filled 20 lt drum made a hole in the cap for the pipe .syphon fuel from the drum on the roof to carby and she never mist a beat only problem was i had to fill drum at ever town seeing I was keeping the level to approx 3/4 so it didn't spash fuel all over roof .
    And this was in my original HZ in about 84

[MENTION=177]RodneyHZ253[/MENTION] ..try doin that in ya jeep....:Chin:

ooops...sorry..your wifes jeep..

[MENTION=177]RodneyHZ253[/MENTION]
    ia friend and i did a similar thing in a valiant ranger a friend bought many yrs ago , 2 ltr milk container turned up-side in engine bay ( yes i realise now Dangerous )
    but it made it the 5 kay trip home haha

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to have a go at 253s or people who choose to run an electric fuel pumps.

My first wagon that I fell in love with was a 253 auto, all stock standard down to the original exhaust. Was nice smooth motor and made plenty of noise with the twin pipes. But awe inspiring she was not.

disconnect your carby from the fuel line and then crank it over, it comes out with a hell of a splash and volume!
    agree with rodney, had an EK ute paddock basher with 20 Litres in back, no fuel pump.
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Quote Originally Posted by ambientgoat View Post
    Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to have a go at 253s or people who choose to run an electric fuel pumps.
    yeh sure ya werent....

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Nearly View Post
    The electric pump was a relatively cheap option under a couple of hundred bucks and will forfill the appearance issues if he can manage to get it in the old housing.
    most carter pumps i would think would require a reg, iv got 2 a baby and a biggin and both need a regulator to drop em back to 5 psi

also if your trying to mount the pump in the engine bay it wont last very long at all, they should really be mounted as low as possible and as close to the pickup as possible

Banned
    Its volume, not pressure thats lacking.

Thread Information