Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: what do you do for a living?

I might be looking for a NEW job soon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    G'day All
    My Trade is Light Auto Mechanic.
    Switched to Heavy Trucks when I was Quailified.
    Spent some years as a Manager of two different company's (auto elec supplies then Gearbox and Diff repairs)
    Joined the Australian Army (got my diesel qualification)
    Now I run my own Mechanical and Earthmoving contracting business.
    I run Dozers, Bobcats Tippers etc
    I contract into Cadia and North Parkes Triton and Gerri mine as a fitter and Mechanic
    Whats your business name?

Replied to you wbute in private message. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    Replied to you wbute in private message. Cheers
    Reply to me where you are as we also work for north parkes mine
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

I currently work for Victrack in the Telcommunications section, I am a Copper Design Officer which covers the circuits and paths for the copper side of the network. A lot of database upkeep and cable records are involved. My background is in the telco and electrical industries, I did my apprenticeship with Telecom Australia as a Telecommunications Technician, then ended up moving accross to the SEC Vic and doing my Ass Dip Eng Electrical and becoming a District Technical Officer, designing powerlines and organising supply to customers. I then moved back to the Telco side of things working in the installation, integration, auditing, and maintenance of Mobile Telephone Base Stations for both Optus and Telstra. I seem destined to be on the government payroll, having been in three government departments so far.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

I currently work in the mines as a operator and supervisor I'm also a student pilot doing my commercial pilots licence and also have a trade in heavy vehicle road transport mechanic.

Live liney,Have done this job for 30 odd years,Love it.Gets me all over the place.Last year nearly moved to Perth or Townsville,As the company I then worked for shut down,Another in the area offered me a supervisors job(so I took it)as I am waiting for our daughter to finish school(another couple of years)So then I might do the move,So a bit of office work as well as field work for me.And soon I will be on the wrong side of fifty.

kiwivan
    Last edited by Kiwivan; 25-01-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Cruiser
    'Bout time I added my working life here, started as an apprentice chef in the early 90's and did 10 years in the trade totally burned out in the end. I then did a couple of years behind a bar and scored a job as a farmhand working with a bloke who did all his own repairs and I mean all learnt a hell of a lot from him in the 5 years i was there. After we moved towns when my wife started nursing I was a stay at home dad for 12 months which was fun/frustrating/rewarding and after another move I fell into my current job as a fettler/operator with a national rail company which I have been doing for almost 5 years and loving it most of the time......

image.jpg
    Hi. This is my office and it floats. I'm an owner/operator of a 55ft rocklobster boat in SA and under the hood is an 818hp MTU with a cruising speed of around 22.5kts. It's a pretty cool job on a good day but when the wind and swells up it's another story.

And when I'm not fishing I have an awesome side project painting surfboards, guitars, wedding shoes, walls, photocopiers, and what ever anyone wants painted. image.jpg

Thread Information