Thread: Paint color

Paint color

Hi all would anyone be able to tell me what type of paint and color i will need to repaint my HQ sandman grill, i know its black,but im unsure what type is used on plastic, thanks

P Plater
    the genuine hx-hz sandman grilles were in fact moulded black plastic not painted as many people will tell you, i can only assume hq-hj were the same maybe someone with more hq knowledge will confirm. however seeming that these are rare as hens teeth these days and even when you do find one it will cost in excess of 250-300, most people paint aftermarket ones or kingswood ones, as the rest of the blackouts were done in the colour tuxedo black (see paint codes) i would be using this.
    as far as type of paint used you can get additives for plastic some called plasticoat used for late modek bumpers etc but im no spray painter so maybe ask your local auto paint store

Quote Originally Posted by greenhz View Post
    the genuine hx-hz sandman grilles were in fact moulded black plastic not painted as many people will tell you, i can only assume hq-hj were the same maybe someone with more hq knowledge will confirm. however seeming that these are rare as hens teeth these days
    Our Red van had a moulded black plastic grill, but sadly the previous owner had hit a bird or something and it was in half...have given it to Absinth on the site....he restores fascias by poly welding...and he thought he would like a go at fixing it...its the only one he had seen too
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

very hard to find.. i have 3 or 4 but have been focusing on them for about 10 years . more than happy to swap a statesman grille for a genuine black HX HZ one - thats how i get them
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

P Plater
    just for everyones info, after saying the sandman hz grilles dont come up often one came up on ebay and much more than the 250-300 i first told you, the asking price for this one is 600
    cheers macca

Thread Information