Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At Last......I kidnapped a nerd!

P Plater

Smile At Last......I kidnapped a nerd!

I have finally cornered a nerd(Mrs Mckackie) to post some pickies of our new family member up.....so indulge yourselves in our shed find pics(in the gallery) an tell me what you think. I'm in the process of smurfing bits n pieces out to begin the beautification process. All mechanicals were done by previous owner....engine, suspension, brakes....all I gotta do is make it look gorgeous, and that won't be hard coz there is absolutely NO major rust issues anywhere....just on the surface. Its going for a roadworthy this week, so she just may be on the road again sooner rather than later aswell.

Nice one [MENTION=697]mckackie[/MENTION] and palaias white to boot. Apparently that's sought after colour, dunno why.. it's just white. Anyway looking forward to more progress, will you keep the side windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    and palaias white to boot.
    Looks to be HX which would make it Cottilion White? ( Not that I'm trying to win the "Correct the site owner" trophy)

Nice van. It's almost a shame to make it beautiful on the outside. You don't see many in that shape anymore.

Wow! that looks great! Give it a buff and polish and keep it original. I really like that look of old but well kept.
    Well done. I like it.

mmmm. Like that guy at the AHD with his ridgy didge original white Sandy, it stood out from the crowd being in its original working clothes. I recon there is $$$'s in patina, especially if the base underneith is sound and solid. I would be thinking hard about preserving its history. Tough call when you are all psyced up to get her looking shmicko. Good on you either way.

Cruiser
    G'day Richard, good to see you back, did you get your van from Joadja way ?

wow that looks so cool as is

Damo

P Plater

Cool at last.....I kidnapped a nerd

Quote Originally Posted by hxbunny View Post
    G'day Richard, good to see you back, did you get your van from Joadja way ?
    nah....was closer to Bowral, but apparently it did reside out there some time during its life time

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Q set View Post
    mmmm. Like that guy at the AHD with his ridgy didge original white Sandy, it stood out from the crowd being in its original working clothes. I recon there is $$$'s in patina, especially if the base underneith is sound and solid. I would be thinking hard about preserving its history. Tough call when you are all psyced up to get her looking shmicko. Good on you either way.
    yeah....I must admit I do like its current look, but would dearly love to see it in its former glory too. As I said....its all a Big Kev moment for me....would look nice alongside the EK that is looking on in a couple of the pics..

--- Updated ---

Thanks for all the admiration of our new family member. I hafta say the surface rust is starting to get too well established to allow it to keep the look. A friend of mine who is a pretty good authority on H series holdens tells me how its rare to find an unmolested example like this without rust in all the usual places. the dash, and hoodlining are fairly good, but exterior details need corrosion or weather degradation arrested as these spots have the potential to cause deeper problems further on. I will eventually and carefully take the body off the rails to treat surface rust in hard to get spots and do a full spray for the sake of preservation. any thing original but fair will probably be retained. The previous owners did all the hard work with brakes, steering suspension and engine, so I am expecting this to be reasonably easy resto. In its current state, all numbers match, I have all the books and owner history, the tailgate tent and a little surprise find of the factory computer punch card as well. Certainly makes it worthy of being bought back to glory days.....even still has an AM CB radio.
    I have found info and shared knowledge on this site very useful and I would like to invite everyone to do the "add as friend" thing too.

love a good survivor car!
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Cruiser
    I can't see any pics. Don't know if my computer is crap or what? :(

Thread Information