Thread: Shoutbox reset

Shoutbox reset

I made some changes last night in the Shoutbox that removed thread replies. It was something I had been considering for a number of weeks, because I believed it was not used as much as the other Read reply Options that are available on the site, and also to free up the shoutbox for more chatting and building up the friendliness of the community.

However I did not realize how much it affected members forum experience so I have reset the Shoutbox and it will stay this way as long as it technically possible.

thankyou....

And calm and happiness returns once more to mysandman land!

And they say whinging doesn't change anything.

Thank you Blocker, much appreciated. For what it's worth, the shoutbox on this forum is the most active of any forums I visit that are equipped with such a box and the community here is second to none.

Thanks blocker the shout box is the easiest way to do daily catch up with both daily conversation and new posts on threads.there could be a way of splitting the shout box screens into two boxes

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    And they say whinging doesn't change anything...
    It is a damn shame that is what appears to have happened. However you should know that it was not the whinging but the 2 PM's I received from a couple members that put forward a constructive request... and actually said 'please'. I used to tell my children that whinging gets you nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    It is a damn shame that is what appears to have happened. However you should know that it was not the whinging but the 2 PM's I received from a couple members that put forward a constructive request... and actually said 'please'. I used to tell my children that whinging gets you nowhere.
    I was just kidding. It didn't appear to be whinging too much. Everyone put forward their opinion, some of us in the usual pg13 stirring manner (no specific OZBOX names ) and a successful and speedy resolution was reached. It was a small change , but to those of us who use that function all the time it was a case of "You don't know what you got till it's gone".

As far as I'm concerned, this site is moderated very well. It doesn't feel like BlockersSandman.com. You listen to what the people have to say, you act accordingly and we all have a bit of fun in the process. Probably the reason some of us spend so much time here.

What play said! Some of the other forums I'm on don't run a shout box and I find that bizarre!
    This is by far the easiest and friendliest site to use and navigate around and as Play said it's prob why a lot of us spend so much time on here.
    It's a BIG credit to you Blocker that it works so well and you should be commended for all your work in getting it to this point!

Thread Information