Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: nothin like a t bone to start your day

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    and as an add to..did you know they used hq to wb handbrake ratchet with bench seat in commodore?
    Yeah I worked that out a while back when my bro-in-law had his HZ, and I noticed parts of it looked like the VG ute handbrake, so I looked further into it at the wreckers where I could compare both & realised how much of it was simply lifted & dropped into the commodore. Makes sense to take an already engineered & proven design out of mothballs & revive it.

It's interesting when they got to VR/VS, which had the long door pockets - the column auto cars had the full pod/pocket on the passenger door, but only got a short speaker pod only on the driver's door, to allow room to operate the handbrake.

VP & VG Police vehicles had door pockets as part of their specification, and T-bar cars had the full length pockets like VN Calais had, but the column cars used the short ones as fitted to VB-VL SL/E & Calais (but they were carpeted) and VC-VL BT1, in plain black plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I disagree. The original wheels off that ute of Greg's have to be the worst! I have them now for a trailer. They are VP SS I think, they were on that ute from the day it left the dealer.
    That's why I said "one of the worst" as the VP SS 5-blade turbine style wheels, and VR/VS HSV Tri-spokes are also right up there on my list!

[MENTION=225]HK1837[/MENTION]...yep they sucked..:Tophat:

Sandman Guru
    Good for a trailer though, no-one will want to steal them!

rang the panelbeater today and the side has all been welded in so i may get it back by the end of the week...best i start chasing the nrma for my cheque..slackers..:errf:
    Last edited by ozbox; 08-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.

so i ring the nrma claims to find out where my cheque is..and lo and behold they have it all pg13ed up and were trying to rip me for another 500 bucks and of course they havent processed it...a few calm and correct words and they amazingly sorted within 30 minutes and cheque is in the mail..supposedly..:errf:

ute now back from the beaters..not bad a quick 1 week repair...no paint tho as the rest of the paint on the ol girl aint flash..:shifty:

How long does it take to process a claim? Longer than repairing a car that was written off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    How long does it take to process a claim? Longer than repairing a car that was written off.
    unfortunately this isnt the first time i have been assaulted by an nrma insured driver so i have learnt to expect it....

plus side is i have a whack of extra money in my pocket after repairs..

utes back and im drivin her

Thread Information