Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: nothin like a t bone to start your day

Oz, the best thing is that you are alright!!As you say the car can be fixed!!! And you're the right man to do it.

Hainzy, I reckon that Ambo's, Nurses, Cops etc.have a hard job to do and see some terrible sh*t sometimes (like the dog attack). I don't envy you (or your colleges) and have friends in all these professions and I think you all deserve a bloody big pat on the back.
    I love dogs, but you have to remember that they have a natural instinct and those bloody pittbulls are just killing machines. Don't just put the dog down!!
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Sorry Oz!
    Hainzy, I owe my life to Ambo's, they have pulled me out of a couple of car wrecks over the years. Yours is a damn hard job. I have a mate here who's a cop, he keeps trying to convince me to become one. "we do what you do and get better pay & holidays" is what he tells me, the only difference is I havent had someone shove a gun in my face...yet, touch wood. Keep doin what your doin Hainzy, you are one of the people who make a difference in this crazy world.

dont give a crap about stealin the thread coz ambos are the best....

anyways..the ute got towed off to the panelbeater today for quoting and the fun to come..nrma did this coz the pillar had jammed the seatbelt..will keep this thread updated on what goes on...
    on a brighter note the sinbox has been off the road because of lpg issues but because i didnt have another car to drive i got a young fella to come and fix it..i had already changed the tank which was out of date and 30 years old..also changed the converter to later model and put a straight gas impco 425 on instead of the old rochester carb..best the sinbox has ever run..so sinbox is now again the daily drive..lovin it..

Great stuff Oz go the sinbox....speaking of T Bone, which is what we are speaking about technically, as well as Ambos Rodney and I were driving home from the usual Friday night family get together at Macca's cafe where kids run free...and nobody's house gets trashed...anyway..a stupid young P plater in an XR6 suddenly stopped in front us and did a U turn complete with burn out right in front of us...Thankfully Rodney was able to stop while this idiot did this..otherwise we would have T boned him.....we went around the block as decided to go and give him a serve, but he had wisely disappeared....small towns and bright yellow Xr6's he'll keep for another day.....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Cheers guys. Yeah sorry didnt mean to thread steal. Oz's thread just hit a chord that it sucks when detrimental things happen to you through no fault of your own. But I see that most shifts and shouldnt vent while still at work!! The dog thing was just a bit fresh!

Anyhoo. Carry on.... And good work on the ute Greg!!

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Cheers guys. Yeah sorry didnt mean to thread steal. Oz's thread just hit a chord that it sucks when detrimental things happen to you through no fault of your own. But I see that most shifts and shouldnt vent while still at work!! The dog thing was just a bit fresh!

Anyhoo. Carry on.... And good work on the ute Greg!!
    Well nobody minded, and if you want to say anything else that gets up your nose, there is a thread here soapbox....and again we all love our Ambos, and the job they do for us all....

http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...ead.php?t=2040
    Last edited by jennie285; 20-08-2011 at 07:28 AM.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

I was waiting for the "she did`nt see me" bit to come out...

I knew that one was coming...

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by YELLOW View Post
    I was waiting for the "she did`nt see me" bit to come out...
    I was too! Either off with the fairies or too distracted by the GPS or mobile phone.

Thursday night at the local shops, I was stopped at the end of a row in the carpark waiting for a gap in the traffic to turn right into the exit road, and this 17 year old girl, red P-plates (just got her licence 2 weeks ago), got in her car while yapping on her iphone, started the car, and drove straight out of her spot on the end, right into my front wheel. Luckily it was only superficial damage to the tyre & hubcap, but it still needs an alignment & new hubcap. Her excuse? "I didn't see you" - No shit! You can imagine what I wanted to do with that phone.....

Quote Originally Posted by commodorenut View Post
    I was too! Either off with the fairies or too distracted by the GPS or mobile phone.

Thursday night at the local shops, I was stopped at the end of a row in the carpark waiting for a gap in the traffic to turn right into the exit road, and this 17 year old girl, red P-plates (just got her licence 2 weeks ago), got in her car while yapping on her iphone, started the car, and drove straight out of her spot on the end, right into my front wheel. Luckily it was only superficial damage to the tyre & hubcap, but it still needs an alignment & new hubcap. Her excuse? "I didn't see you" - No shit! You can imagine what I wanted to do with that phone.....
    I hope you told her you were watching her, and that you wanted the money for the wheel alignment, as it would be in her best interest as neg. driving will immediately disqualify her :Chin:
    Married to RodneyHZ253

P Plater
    Because it's a carpark, and not a public road, the police aren't interested in these sorts of things (unless they turn violent - hey there's an idea).

She rang her father (after she finished her previous conversation), who asked to speak to me, so I told him exactly what she'd done.
    He went off his brain at her (I was 2m away and I could hear every word he screamed down the phone - along the lines of "I'll sell your f-ing car" etc). His solution? She had a card linked to his account, cash was withdrawn & handed to me. Smart father!

Oh - the girls name, you'll love the spelling: Brittne, with one of those little french things over the top of the e. :knockout:
    Can't they just use something simple like Brittany or Britney?

Thread Information