Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know its not really a Sandman (or a Panelvan)...

Quote Originally Posted by ssvvan View Post
    I'm in Melbourne. Point Cook specifically.
    Do you want to pm me your details and I'll Matt to call you? i'm sure they removed the glass between cabin and back, just not sure what they needed to do to it afterwards.
    thanks
    Maz
    it's here and I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Holden needs to remake the van, none of this bolt on type stuff, a full metal bodied van, the ability to climb through to the through to the back...the whole shebang
    I agree!

P Plater
    I recently bought a VE2 Thunder ute for work. I fitted the ARB canaopy as I need one with side windows as I really do work out of it. I looked at the above canopy but it was not practical for work, but when I retire the car in a couple of years, I might put one on and sell the ARB.

When I bought the Thunder, it got me wondering why they just don't call it a Sandman, like after all it is an optioned up Omega.

Geoff

I'm in Melbourne. Point Cook specifically.
    So is Absinth (at point Cook) you should meet up....and talk sandmans
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdragon View Post
    Do you want to pm me your details and I'll Matt to call you? i'm sure they removed the glass between cabin and back, just not sure what they needed to do to it afterwards.
    thanks
    Maz
    Done. and thanks!

--- Updated ---

I've actually bought a domain and will develop a website over the next couple of months for these 'Millennium Vans'
    Will post more details once i have some content and am ready to launch it!

I think it will be a good place for us pretend PV owners to catch up and compare notes etc as we are not quite PVs and not quite utes.

Done. and thanks!

--- Updated ---

I've actually bought a domain and will develop a website over the next couple of months for these 'Millennium Vans'
    Will post more details once i have some content and am ready to launch it!

I think it will be a good place for us pretend PV owners to catch up and compare notes etc as we are not quite PVs and not quite utes.
    You can make this place your home, it's more about the community than the vehicle.
    Just ask and I can set up a whole new section for you

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    You can make this place your home, it's more about the community than the vehicle.
    Just ask and I can set up a whole new section for you
    Cool, sounds good thanks Blocker. I wasn't really sure how those vehicles go in the real PV community not being a real PV and all. But as you say, its all about the community too!

I am really impressed with this site and the way its set up. Love all the old info and pics and stuff too.
    I am a bit of a music nerd and collect vintage guitars and amps so i know how great it is to find a site with plenty of photos and scans etc.

Millennium Vans

Started the website last night. Need more content and gotta fix my email addresses as they aren't working yet but here is a sample...

www.millenniumvans.com

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    I recently bought a VE2 Thunder ute for work. I fitted the ARB canaopy as I need one with side windows as I really do work out of it. I looked at the above canopy but it was not practical for work, but when I retire the car in a couple of years, I might put one on and sell the ARB.

When I bought the Thunder, it got me wondering why they just don't call it a Sandman, like after all it is an optioned up Omega.

Geoff
    The S pack utes would have been much closer to a Sandman than a Thunder. Modern day version is VE SV6 and SS. The origional S pack utes introduced at VG ute release was a ute with buckets, floor shift, extra paint, nicer wheels, more instruments, coloured side strips and optional V8. Pretty much the equivalent of the original Sandman package.

i really like the look of them also. i have been in one that has had the rear window removed. you need to remember its plated as a ute so there is no sound deadener from the cabin back. its very loud inside. always drive with windows closed as its a ute and the cabin fill full of fumes as the upper tailgate flexes to let in the exhaust gas and wind down the window at 80 plus km/h will pop open the upper tailgate.

Thread Information