Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sydney all holden day pics and blurb..

sydney all holden day pics and blurb..

well as usual our weekend at the ahd was a ripper..good company with good friends and good food and grog...cant wait for next years event..myself i wasnt feeling the love for my van so i took my ute and bought stuff at the swap meet..friday night we did hoggies,rod and jennie,sean and jody and leila and myself..had a few drinks after back at the motel and it looked like i was doin the swap at 6am by myself but when i woke rod and jennie had decided to come play in the dark..got to the swap at 6.10 and in the first 10 minutes i bought a new old stock hq prem/stato rad support for $250 and rod got a black hz grille for $20..bargains..we did the whole swap a couple of times and on the last round rodney found a near new 8x5 box trailer with 20 inch rims for 800 bucks..he was gunna buy one this week anyhow..i went back for another shot at midday and bought some more trinkets and a new old stock hg right hand quarter panel which i sold to one of my customers over the phone before i paid for it..noice..customer was very happy..we had a motel car park drinks party in the arvo with gads and annie and 77 and his family and a few other entrants that were staying at the motel..hit hoggies at 6pm for a big dinner..fres and chrissy met up with us there and there was around 20 of us i think..few hours there and a few of us went back to gads room for ports and cigars..unfortunately we didnt hit the spa or do any helicoptering..anyhow heres a couple of pics i took..

Great write up Greg.Where was green HZ with the tail tent? Didn't see that one. Nice to see some more vans there this year.Also a big congratulations to Rod and Jen for taking out best Sandman, well done guys and well deserved.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

thats barbaras van..it was behind us and over towards the motel..well hidden which is a pity..if we can organise it like they told us for next year we will get her over with us and get all the vans and clubs in one spot...
    and just quietly..i have really sore legs..walkin aint my thing..
    Last edited by ozbox; 07-08-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Great morning

Hi all,

Agree it was a great event. I hadn't been for 8 years so was an eye opener to see so many more vehicles. Saw Jennies' van however no one hanging around to chat to.

I loved the Green HQ WA66IN, I saw it driving around Penrith Saturday morning and nearly crashed trying to get a look at it.

We didn't come over until Sunday morning so not a lot left at the swap meet, it was a go way to educate my son on different parts. Great variety of cars, utes and vans - dissapointed there wasn't more custom vans. We did get a photo of my son (12) with Stormbringer, we had one of him next to it 8 years ago so is a great time capsule of photography.

Unfortunately didn't take the HQ over as had 3 mates and my son so we took the VE II SV6 wagon which was a great little trip.

I will be a bit more organised next time and bring the ute over and put her in the display and catch up with everyone,

cheers,

Scott

WHAT!!! No pics of the Leopard at all. :(
    I know....... it's too old school for all you trendsetters!!!!!

But I took a great pic of you Agro....
    Last edited by jennie285; 07-08-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added photo
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

sorry ags...man every time i tried to take a pic of your van there was people all around it...seriously..

Well done Oz ! Was great as usual to catch up with everyone. Absolutely knackered though.
    All good!
    Will give the port a run and post my review for you.
    Cheers.
    Gaddy and Annie !

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    sorry ags...man every time i tried to take a pic of your van there was people all around it...seriously..
    Bwahahahahahahahaha THAT's funny.
    Probably wondering why it STILL isn't finished yet!!! (Just need curtains, terrarium and Lava lamp)
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

that triple grille had a lot of em scratchin there heads and others just sayin how kool is this...

Thread Information