Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: sydney all holden day pics and blurb..

Good day,
    Great to meet the "vanners".
    It was also nice to put some faces to avatars.
    Its only made me more determined to get the thing on the road.
    See you all soon.
    Chrisp

Hi all, we have just joined up and better half is still trying to create an avatar (important things first!). Sorry I didn't get to meet you all (due to baby duties) but still a great day. Gr8 photo Oz of Miss TJ in the back of the Panno, she had a huge day and crashed in the back of the WA66IN b4 we got out the gate and slept most of the way home. Top job on the awards all, very impressive company!

We will upload some pics soon but still no pics of the leopard sorry AGRO71 although the kids just loved it and were very disappointed when they came back and looked in ours and only found a baby! No mirrors, no plush and no leopard!

Thanks for having us in the line up, lots of fun.

Smile Top Day

Thanks to all that added to a top day with the mySandman crowd at AHD.
    Both waggin and panno are rapidly cooling down in the shed after a safe haul home.
    We were however gestured to by some uncooth local rif-raf at ther Lithgow sevro, only later to be passed (and further gestured at) by the same above said rif-raf traveling at at least 190 km/ hr. (I can only guess, I was too shocked to glance at my own speedo). Both were in vans (the scoundrels), a yelowish one with a trailer and a burgandish one with side-pipes (yes -side pipes!!). I was temped to pursue them and give the a bit of what-for but, um well, er.... I couldnt keep up :shifty:
    Good to sit and hear the stories of the rides on Sunday. I was nursing a bit of a cold and was beginning to dread the drive home but a good walk around the 700 odd vehicles on site helped clear the head.
    Had a double check of the swap-meet but failed to find anything too exciting. I did find a left-hand side bumper over-rider, but buying it would commit me to finding the right hand side one too. Rod was so right as identifying the mid-80's volvoi wagon for $600 as being the bargin of the day. (Weld up the rear doors and cover up the rear side windows, and it's almost a panno, sorta'.)
    I sat and looked at that leopard while having a coffee in the back of agrOs van, thinkin' "whatever does it for you" (not knowing the whole story). But also witnessed a string of ladies lining up for a photo with it. Maybe theres something in a large plush feline show-prize in the back of your van after-all!
    Well done to R&J for their award, also to Damian for car of the day. Imprssive. I can now put a face to the driver of that throaty panno that I have waved at out on the road.
    Finally thanks to the group for inviting us to park in with you, Maybe starting afresh the timeless arguement of whether wagons can join the panelvan club... what if we get curtains?....

Quote Originally Posted by QUP View Post
    Hi all, we have just joined up and better half is still trying to create an avatar (important things first!). Sorry I didn't get to meet you all (due to baby duties) but still a great day. Gr8 photo Oz of Miss TJ in the back of the Panno, she had a huge day and crashed in the back of the WA66IN b4 we got out the gate and slept most of the way home. Top job on the awards all, very impressive company!

We will upload some pics soon but still no pics of the leopard sorry AGRO71 although the kids just loved it and were very disappointed when they came back and looked in ours and only found a baby! No mirrors, no plush and no leopard!

Thanks for having us in the line up, lots of fun.
    Welcome QUP yes it is a good picture a first look I though it was a doll just pecking over tail gate

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Q set View Post
    Thanks to all that added to a top day with the mySandman crowd at AHD.
    Both waggin and panno are rapidly cooling down in the shed after a safe haul home.
    We were however gestured to by some uncooth local rif-raf at ther Lithgow sevro, only later to be passed (and further gestured at) by the same above said rif-raf traveling at at least 190 km/ hr. (I can only guess, I was too shocked to glance at my own speedo). Both were in vans (the scoundrels), a yelowish one with a trailer and a burgandish one with side-pipes (yes -side pipes!!). I was temped to pursue them and give the a bit of what-for but, um well, er.... I couldnt keep up :shifty:
    Good to sit and hear the stories of the rides on Sunday. I was nursing a bit of a cold and was beginning to dread the drive home but a good walk around the 700 odd vehicles on site helped clear the head.
    Had a double check of the swap-meet but failed to find anything too exciting. I did find a left-hand side bumper over-rider, but buying it would commit me to finding the right hand side one too. Rod was so right as identifying the mid-80's volvoi wagon for $600 as being the bargin of the day. (Weld up the rear doors and cover up the rear side windows, and it's almost a panno, sorta'.)
    I sat and looked at that leopard while having a coffee in the back of agrOs van, thinkin' "whatever does it for you" (not knowing the whole story). But also witnessed a string of ladies lining up for a photo with it. Maybe theres something in a large plush feline show-prize in the back of your van after-all!
    Well done to R&J for their award, also to Damian for car of the day. Imprssive. I can now put a face to the driver of that throaty panno that I have waved at out on the road.
    Finally thanks to the group for inviting us to park in with you, Maybe starting afresh the timeless arguement of whether wagons can join the panelvan club... what if we get curtains?....
    Thank for joining us today the more the merrier yes there is rif RAF out on the road from my own point of view I had to keep the foot down because I had this red van with side pipes CAR OF THE DAY at the all Holden day 2011 wow what an accomplishment on my tail didn't want to let him get past, and yes a station wagon is a family panel van. i'am pretty sure you are welcome in group even if you even you only have an interest vans .reply is short because I need to go an earn some money to pay for week ends like we just had.
    Last edited by jennie285; 08-08-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Great pics everyone. Thanks for a great weekend and kind words. Rod and Jen thank you for a great cruise home.

Interest in Panelvans

I also met Rockvan, who came and introduced himself, he bought a cap, and a couple from Dubbo who have restored a HX absinth yellow sandman, and they have a ute, they will probably join the forum, and will be bringing it next year, they also stayed at our motel...to add to that there was an older guy who had a red HZ, (sorry Byron am kicking myself for not getting the plates for you) he bought as a tradie, and although has had a respray, is completely original, only thing different was he had DL7 and put on some kingswood strips...very nice tidy van too...two guys came over to Rodney as he previously said and said "you are rodney and that is your Sandman" so obviously been looking at mysandman.com.au as a visitor...they are joining up shortly..and one does have a sandman he is restoring, but also driving...the Sandman community is rapidly growing...and there was loads of interest in our vans....especially looking in the back of them, they loved Agro's 70's theme and I heard a lot of comments about the disco mirror ball....the fact that a Panel van (it was a sandman but very customized) won the best car of the day, is reassures us that Panel vans will live on forever. Next year we will arrange our vans in a better position, maybe park 45degrees so all can be seen from the walkway...but as we had no idea how many would be parking, it was hard to organise, I have sent an email to the organisers to make sure we are allocated a position, and the map is given to all the SES volunteers so they know where to direct us to, (which we were but had our flag had been moved) so we can get all the vans together, as a few were scattered about in other areas....anyway we had a fantasic time, met loads of people, and had two great nights out together, a special thanks to Gaddy and Annie who organised the Hogs breath dinner out, which was child friendly and a great meal...only Ozbox is not allowed to have spicy nashos ever again...ask him about that one....

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by VAN75X View Post
    Great pics everyone. Thanks for a great weekend and kind words. Rod and Jen thank you for a great cruise home.
    Hi Damo,
    I was going to ask Ed today what your surname was so I could contact you and ask for a pic of your van with the trophy...it certainly needs to be put up on the forum..it is a great effort...if you are unable to do pics I will upload for you..I will PM my email address....
    cheers J
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

We saw the Leopard

Photo attached of the Leopard, my son thought it was great
    Attached Images Attached Images

that must have been the only time during the day that there wasnt a mob of 50 year mini skirt wearing girls bending over in the tailgate...

Great pics and write up guys. Well done to Jennie & Rod for the win! Agro, love that hair do man, thats a classic. Looks like a great weekend!

more pics please
    more pics please
    more pics please
    more pics please
    more pics please

Thread Information