Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I've got one!!! Whooooohooooo!!!

IMG_5548.jpgIMG_5544.jpgIMG_5545.jpgIMG_5546.jpgIMG_5547.jpg

Latest updates from Sunday, 2.5 hours work, not too bad, then Hello bog, my old friend.

Anyone gotm any advice on the best way to polsih up the jellybeans?

GTS Dash fell through, the bloke just kept stuffin me around so Ill stick with the stock dash. Paint & trim is down to 2 colours now: Option one: White (factory colour) with Long grain brown int. Deauville Blue with slate black int. If I paint it blue, it'll go windowless, white will have the glass put back in and Ill fix it up to look like a roadside service van (not RACV or anyhting like that)

Comments are welcome folks!

also Ill stick up a pic of my other ride!!!

[MENTION=579]Rico[/MENTION], I'm probably bias. But I like blue (favourite colour) and windowless. With the jellybeans tidied up.......nice....very nice
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

@HZEvie Thanks mate, Ill just have to find a good panel beater that can do it properly, my major concern is that it will get stuffed up and look like PG13!

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Anyone got any advice on the best way to polish up the jellybeans?
    I used to use "Mothers" as "Autosol" was way too abrasive.
    I used this from car wheels to motorbike rims and polished motorbike frame.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Yeah mothers and purple is what we use on the VRod rims and works a treat! Labour intensive but a good result!

i reckon go windowless either way. they will never come out perfect but who cares, its not a show car right?!

For me its a big NO to blue. Id go white or bright and slamm it with a set of 14x6 stockie GTS rims
    BQZ

Thanks everyone, I have some Autosol, I need somthing that is fairly abrasive as there is a large amount of "stuff" on them, may have to use some fine wet and dry first then polish, polsih & polish. thanks [MENTION=9]agr071[/MENTION]

[MENTION=413]Vombil[/MENTION], the reason I was choosing Deauville Blue is that my first car was painted in that colour so its kinda a re-connection with my mis-spent youth
    It wont be a show car it will be a driver but I do want it to look resonable, why go to the effort if bog is going to crack out? somthing my father drummed into me from day 1: "Do it once, Do it right or all your doing is throwing effort after foolishness." but yeah, I do agree with ya somthing about a plain white windowless panno, they just.....yeah ya know?

Ok, I had a panel beater look over the van yesterday. This isnt just anyone he is the best ol school beater in town, I have seen the quality of his work that rolls out of his shop. Damn good too. He says that he can fill the windows and do the rust repairs. If he was to strip it and do everything: ten to 15 grand. If I strip it, paint alone will be 6 grand. he also said that when I have done anoither section to drop in and he will give me some primer so as to stop the corrosion coming up whilst its in bare metal.

Any thoughts? Does this sound right?

Sandman Guru
    Not sure on the panel beater's price, but I reckon white or silver can look great on a shell without windows, and the repair flaws won't show up so bad on either of these colours. Either of these colours with black trim, N66 rims, HX/HZ Sandman blackouts and no stripes looks great. I never advocate lowering them much though as they look better closer to stock, maybe lowered an inch. Everyone has different taste so do what pleases you! Just don't paint it green with purple stripes and orange trim!

Thread Information