Thread: Tail Gate lock part

Learner Driver

Tail Gate lock part

Hello All.
    Does anyone know where I can get the inner part of the tailgate lock assembly. Not the T handle or its insides, but the part that the T handle goes through to make it lock.
    I kow this sounds all muddled up,,,, but no said I was bright:o.
    Thanks

Gas On
    G'day.

I gather the slots that the angled rods clip through have broken. (Just below the slot).

They were a pain in the ass to find when I was searching. To give you a rough idea on price, I tried the Holparts store in Adelaide about 7 years ago and they wanted $80 for a second hand unit. That was JUST the plate, removed from the assembly.

I gave up my search & made up my own... Once they have had the pressed lip removed on the underside (milled / grinded down) the assembly still fits and works nicely. That can get you outta trouble if it needs to be secured.

I'm sure theres some genuine ones out there tho mate.

Cheers

those plates are available from rares now and are around $50...ive used one on my van and sold a couple and they are very good...come with the clips for the rods too....

but i think what bribiegreen wants is another t bar handle that isnt screwed up internally...very common for them to break and therefore the lock wont work..

Learner Driver
    That is correct, the part that I need is not the part that the rods fit onto, but the next "plate???" in that the T handle locks on.
    Cheers

Gas On

Lock Assy

Gday.

Nice one oxbox, I looked it up on rare spares, currently $39.05 inclusive. What a bargain for such an important part.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bribiegreen View Post
    That is correct, the part that I need is not the part that the rods fit onto, but the next "plate???" in that the T handle locks on.
    Cheers

ok ive probably read it wrong...so not the tbar part but the bext bit before the plate that takes the rods...if so i got plenty the last time i checked....but i better check again on tuesday when im back at work...

Quote Originally Posted by Gas On View Post
    Gday.

Nice one oxbox, I looked it up on rare spares, currently $39.05 inclusive. What a bargain for such an important part.

Cheers
    i think originally they were closer to $50 but it wouldnt surprise me if they bought the price down a bit....

its actually amazing how much stuff is done by rares that people dont realise...

i sell some of there products if they are good quality so i keep up with whats coming out as they send me new product updates once a month..

its a pity that there franchise stores dont make there staff aware of new products coz they are loosing sales to the ebay guys who get on there and sell em at heaps more than the retail...

Thread Information