Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tail gate badges

Tail gate badges

hi can anyone give me some addvice as i have striped the tail gate on my 4/76 kingswood maybe sandman ute and it has the provision for
    one two prong badge on the left which i beleive wood have been v8 and one two prong badge on the right which i beleive would have been
    5.0 litre and then one in the centre which has been a three prong badge these holes are factory would it have been kingswood. thank youSANDMAN TAGS.jpg

its the elusive metal HOLDEN badge unique to hj utes n vans...ebay is your freind..they pop up now and then but are usually quite hard to get.

Banned
    Did any kingswood sandman get the kingswood badging? HZ had the rts badge on the left.

Thats the center badge. Don't know about the one of the left and right though. :errf:

back.jpg
    Last edited by Rolla; 07-07-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Did any kingswood sandman get the kingswood badging? HZ had the rts badge on the left.
    Yes, as they were Kingswoods before Sandmans. HQ also got Belmont badge and HJ got HOLDEN.

HK1837 I'm a visual guy and maybe some others are like me. I've got thoughts on putting a graphical timeline together (basic) that shows the series, mid series updates and naming changes. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Yes, as they were Kingswoods before Sandmans. HQ also got Belmont badge and HJ got HOLDEN.
    so left to right would i have v8, holden,5.0

V8 badge was HQ. Your tailgate sounds like a HZ Kingswood one. 2 prong RTS badge on the left, 3 prong kingswood badge in the middle and 2 prong engine capacity badge on the right.HOLDEN badge has two prong mounting.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

parts painted.jpgparts painted.jpgbody 2.jpgmy progrese so far i think that to bad since i have only owned the car for ten days, i will paint the body tomorrow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    V8 badge was HQ. Your tailgate sounds like a HZ Kingswood one. 2 prong RTS badge on the left, 3 prong kingswood badge in the middle and 2 prong engine capacity badge on the right.HOLDEN badge has two prong mounting.
    thanks for your input but not being smart but this ute has every original panel on it there has never been a panel put on it it had been painted blue when i got it but as you can see by the photos i have stripped it to nothing and every panel has the original mint julip. as i am painting it i am leaving tell tail signs so that i can prove to people that every panel is original. but i would like to know what the badges were as i want to put them back on. the holes in the tail gate have been there from factory as the red oxide is still there

Thread Information