Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: polishing plastics and stuff

polishing plastics and stuff

i bought this mothers powerball and the mothers plastic polish about a year ago to polish my perspex back bubble for the sinbox..never got around to it but the other day i bought an hz with the plastic dome headlight covers that were not cracked and very pliable but smokey..
    here is the results..great product and worth every cent for the powerball which can be used to polish anything...im gunna restore a set of hustler mags next so i will take some pics..

Last edited by ozbox; 01-07-2011 at 03:47 PM.

nice job Oz!

where did you purchase it from Ozbox, never seen one before but I will be needing to use one.
    Nearly on the Road

ahhh the old power ball....

Did it try to chuck the headlight cover on you? They can do that too you, especially when you have them attached to a corded drill (way higher rpm)

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    ahhh the old power ball....

Did it try to chuck the headlight cover on you? They can do that too you, especially when you have them attached to a corded drill (way higher rpm)
    yeh but only 2 foot...thats why i used the chordless coz im holding it in my hand..chord drill would be a bit dramatic to use on a piece not strapped down..

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by GNW1974 View Post
    where did you purchase it from Ozbox, never seen one before but I will be needing to use one.
    just google mothers products and find the closest supplier to you..i bought it from an autopro store but its popular everywhere..

Cruiser
    Just to add to Mothers products...

I got hold of a Mothers Power Cone for polishing rims. It was ok, but is supposed to shape into all the odd angles and really doesn't. I found it was great for the outer lips and the rim, but didn't get into the actual spokes of the mags very well and hand polished them instead. Same concept as what is shown here but conical.

mcguires also do a similar product for plastic ,, hint is to do slowly and not to heat up plastic watsoever small patch move on n come to it .... braso can also be used if doing by hand , most new cars headlights are plastic n dull off works good on them ... if painting plastic make sure u have at least a 40 minute window bettween prepsol n painting ..

P Plater
    One thing to watch if you use these on modern plastic headlights, is that they buff off the UV-resistant coating on the lights.

If you look at an EF/EL falcon with the milky yellow headlights, that's exactly what the environment does to the raw plastic once that coating is removed.

Cruiser
    the powerball is a good thing but it aint cheap.... the same job maybe even better is just buy a headlight restoration kit from any autopro.... $30 all up

Al

yes al but the powerball is good for stuff like this....

Thread Information