Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions on this possible HJ XX7

Looking for opinions on this possible HJ XX7

6.jpg1.jpg11.jpg12.jpg20.jpg

Hi All,
    This is my first post on your forum. I found this vehicle last year and have only just managed to get some pics of it for possible purchase.
    Am hoping to get some opinions on what you can see....
    And also how big a job it is to remove the windows - if it's authentic it's what I'm after - except the windows.
    It currently has a 253 in it and the owner tells me there are signs of the orignial Jamacian Lime paint underneath.
    If this is the real deal what is a decent price - I'm willing to pay a fair price.
    Cheers

Hi
    The plates that are on it look good to me although you need to post up the long skinny tag also to confirm if it was built at aciacia ridge as the body ID plate says it was by the XX7.
    The gvw is up to 2200??, someone else will confirm that one. Is the number stamped into the chassis near the steering box the same as on the compliance plate?

XX7 308 M21 HJ. Definitely a good one to get if you dont need to give up your right arm for it.
    It does look like it need a fair bit to get it back to original.

.....EDIT.....
    Just looked at the pics again. The last statement is not necessarily true. The interior look OK (Prem seats) Cant see much rust. Jamaican lime paint needed. Windows?? You would be keen to take on that one I think. It has been done, have a look around, there is a thread on window removal somewhere.
    Last edited by TwoTees; 21-06-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Ok, it's a Sandman by the tags. But it has had some changes over the years and not the original engine. But what a great colour (paint and trim) as well as a 308.

What is it worth? Who knows. If you add up all the work needed (then double it) and see if that is in your budget.

Windows can be filled in. Check out my gallery:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/album.php?albumid=41

Lucky you XX7 on the tag, deffo sandman....and yes that number on the chassis, should also agree with the number on the compliance plate...jamaican lime nice colour.

I agree with HZsandman, if you look at all our threads on our yellow van, we spent a lot of time, effort and money....but so rewarding at the end....at least if you do start with the real deal, you should get good money if you choose to sell....

Others would be better more informed to tell you what you ought to pay...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Welcome Norwester. I'm sure your stay here will be a rewarding one. XX7 on the ID, what a bonus! XX7 Sandmans from my understanding are more sought after and valuable. For the right price, I'd definitely snatch that one up! As the forum mum said, it takes a lot of time, effort and money to return a Sandman like that back to original factory settings but in the end its very rewarding.

Welcome Norwester! That's a great find and a nice HJ, is the date stamp 3 or 5/75?
    Door trims are correct, do not be convinced to swap to Kinsgswood trims for your HJ also notice the dash fascia has the centre air vent filled in? That's a possible sign it is the original fascia.
    Also check the vents on the side, they should be the old HQ style that spin, not the vertical/horizontal type found in later models.

Make sure you get the chassis number off the front rail and check it with the BHJxxxx on your ADR plate.

Thanks everyone for your advice...

Thanks HZSandman - good to see the windows can be filled in -I really want windowless - enjoyed your album
    We've only seen what you've seen Blocker - these pics - we're in the West and it's in the East!

We're at that stage where someone needs to look at it to verify the chassis number with the ADR plate
    and also check out the rust.

It's not about resale it's going to be loved

Cheers

lucky you! Genuine XX7 van, Im chasing one myself, pref windowless also but if it has side windows and filling em in is too much then Ill bubble window em!! Grab that van mate and enjoy it!

We got her!

Well everyone, just thought we'd give you an update..
    We're now the very proud owners of a HJ Sandman!!!!
    Paid for her on Monday, she's on the truck today and it's
    heading to WA!!!!
    Looking forward to setting eyes on it......bought it unseen - had a someone look at it for us to confirm the chassis number with ADR plate - all good - so we said yes!!!!!
    Thanks all for your input and help....we'll be needing plenty more thru the restoration!
    18.jpg16.jpg14.jpg11.jpg13.jpg

That's great Norwester, another one going to a good home. It's good to see it saved.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Thread Information