Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Removing the shell from the Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Being a Dandenong assembled HX van it will have an Elizabeth body and hence will have all 3 x tags naked. If it was a ute the BODY plate would be painted. While they are off look on the back of the ADR plate and you'll find 4 x numbers lightly engraved into the back. This will match the last 4 x dights of the PSN ie 0451. This will tell you the ADR and VIN plates belong together.
    Byron,
    What was Acacia Ridge? Nude or paint?

Sandman Guru
    Depends. HZ was painted BODY and VIN. I'll have to check the others for certain but from memory though HJ-HX were painted BODY and VIN and HQ was painted BODY only.

Depends. HZ was painted BODY and VIN. I'll have to check the others for certain but from memory though HJ-HX were painted BODY and VIN and HQ was painted BODY only.
    That certainly aligns with my HQ, it is Acacia Ridge and only the body tag is painted, other 2 are naked.

Being a Dandenong assembled HX van it will have an Elizabeth body and hence will have all 3 x tags naked. If it was a ute the BODY plate would be painted. While they are off look on the back of the ADR plate and you'll find 4 x numbers lightly engraved into the back. This will match the last 4 x dights of the PSN ie 0451. This will tell you the ADR and VIN plates belong together.
    Classic! i just checked a set. Looks like the number is written on the back with a ball point pen??

Cruiser
    No it is normally like it is scratched on with a scriber. Very feint, you have to look hard.
    The back of the plate is quite dirty and has some light pitting, I've given it a bit of a clean and in good light I can still make nothing out... I'll keep cleaning tomorrow and see how it comes up. Could anyone recommend something to clean years of dust, what looks like lime scale and dirt from the plate? I've already used plenty of hot water, metho and prep wash... Not moving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    The back of the plate is quite dirty and has some light pitting, I've given it a bit of a clean and in good light I can still make nothing out... I'll keep cleaning tomorrow and see how it comes up. Could anyone recommend something to clean years of dust, what looks like lime scale and dirt from the plate? I've already used plenty of hot water, metho and prep wash... Not moving it.
    this is a thread previously put up by Blocker which may help you

http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...light=cleaning
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    Classic! i just checked a set. Looks like the number is written on the back with a ball point pen??
    Yes, that is normally the case for Acacia Ridge tags, and they used the last 2 x digits of the PSN. I'll have to check all my Dandenong and Pagewood tags to check their method, however I think they are inconsistent.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    this is a thread previously put up by Blocker which may help you

http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...light=cleaning
    Thanks I had a bit of a search but didn't find that one. I'll try cleaning again tomorrow now that I have the info.

Sandman Guru
    I'd like to see very early HJ tags from Acacia and see how they are. These use HQ rivets.

P Plater
    yeh my sydney build hq sandy ute had the 5 digit paint code number scatched into the back of the model body trim paint tag even though that number is on the front of the tag.... wierd

Thread Information