Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front console mounts.

Front console mounts.

Just a bit on front console mounts in the models.

My HQ and the HJ XU3 the TwoTees has have the same front mount but different rear.

I think these are HX/Z with the cutout bit on the front and clips.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HJ-Rollin...item3368a74466

The HJ Ute on ebay has an interesting variation. Is this an after-market one or is there another type?

I guess these, the HQ style rat trap clutch mounts, and the HQ style high beam dipper switch on the floor would help people distigush a tagless HQ/HJ body from a later one if you find a wreck in a paddock.

I don't have a picture for the front HQ mount that accompanies the half lenght console found in some bucket seat, column shift cars.

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 15-06-2011 at 01:33 AM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Cruiser
    My HX has the same mount as the first photo.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Just a bit on front console mounts in the models.

My HQ and the HJ XU3 the TwoTees has have the same front mount but different rear.

I think these are HX/Z with the cutout bit on the front and clips.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HJ-Rollin...item3368a74466

The HJ Ute on ebay has an interesting variation. Is this an after-market one or is there another type?

I guess these, the HQ style rat trap clutch mounts, and the HQ style high beam dipper switch on the floor would help people distigush a tagless HQ/HJ body from a later one if you find a wreck in a paddock.

I don't have a picture for the front HQ mount that accompanies the half lenght console found in some bucket seat, column shift cars.

Mauser
    I'd go look at that HJ closely if anyone is nearby.

I haven't yet seen an original HQ with a HJ-HZ style console mount in front of the shifter, I'd better look closer at a few! I have only ever seen them screw straight to the floor like the HQ seat separators.

HQ and HJ bodies are easy to pick from HX-HZ by the harness plug in the firewall.

Are you saying the seat seperator didn't have a front mount?

I always thought when someone screwed the console to the floor it was an addition.

The interesting part was I thought HJ was like HX until I looked at the XU3 ute.

Mauser
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    The only HQ seat separators I have seen use the same rear mount as a console and the front has a single screw straight to the floor. The few factory HQ consoles i've seen also have screwed straight to the floor with holes just in front of the shifter. I honestly hadn't taken great notice that HJ and later are different to each other too. Looks like I have some more work to do in this area. The HJ ones I have pictures of are all like the very top one in this thread. HX-WB are like the second picture in all my photos.

Interesting to compare things on the HJ XU3 ute to the HQ van.

I think Paul from the SS site can help with HQ's. Even the early SS HQ had the front console mounts. I owned a '74 HQ Statesman that also had both mounts.

I would think the rear HQ one would be getting especially hard to find. Someone on Ebay has a replica HX/HZ and the rear HJ/HX/HZ mounts but no rear HQ or front HQ/HJ. The HQ SS and GTS/4 replica guys would be eating the few up that would still be around.

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 15-06-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Sandman Guru
    Did consoles change that much between early and late HQ that a front console mount became necessary?
    I've only ever seen them like the attached photo. This is an original HQ Statesman, original carpet and sound deadening. No front bracket, just has holes in front of the T-bar.
    HQ console holes.jpg

that second pic with the hole above the bracket???..that hole looks like it would have the t400 cable shifter cable running thru it..

byron your right about hq and hj to hz...ive never seen it either..

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Did consoles change that much between early and late HQ that a front console mount became necessary?
    I've only ever seen them like the attached photo. This is an original HQ Statesman, original carpet and sound deadening. No front bracket, just has holes in front of the T-bar.
    HQ console holes.jpg
    is that pic of the hq statesman i have here?

Sandman Guru
    Yes it is of the HQ Statesman out the front. It is as I have seen in others too. Mauser's HJ bracket as shown is the same as others HJ's i've seen, and is the same as my reference photo which is from that yellow XX7 van you (Greg) wrecked a while back. All of the HX-WB I have seen look like the second photo with the slots and that ugly hole.

One thing I have never fully deciphered is what had the ugly cable shifter? Was it just HJ-HZ Caprice, LE and SL/E with either TH400 or TH350? Every T-bar M40 or M41 HJ-HZ i've ever had, has had a normal T-bar.

Byron, I'm confused. Which is correct? My HQ Sandman Belmont ute screws into the floor in front of the shifter.

Justin

If screws go int the floor and there has never been a front bracket it is looking like not being a Sandman.
    The few factory HQ consoles i've seen also have screwed straight to the floor with holes just in front of the shifter.

Thread Information