Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front console mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by HQ SS View Post
    I am glad that this post has come up as I have been looking in to the HQ brackets a bit more lately as I am not as sure now with them.
    It looks like my off road car could have been modified at some stage and had the bracket fitted to suit the HJ style console at the front.
    This now does not really come as much of a surprise as the car has had a HJ onwards dash cut into it at some stage along with a few other (Cough) improvements.
    My other on road car I remember cutting the rear bracket off and changing it to suit the HJ onwards style bracket and I thought that I had also mucked around with front bracket moving it to suit the different position of the front mount location of the HJ console as well. But maybe not.
    This was back in 1987/88 so it looks like my memory may not be as crisp as I thought on the mater.
    Mauser it looks like I could have given you and some other people a bum steer on that one so I apologize for that.
    Cheers Paul.
    No worries mate. I will have to go around and check the one on the van now. I definitly have the right rear (thanks for verifying that) and I thought the front was there when I felt around under it when I brought it. Its in storage right now so Ill go pull the console out and the carpet and check what it looks like. It has been modified as well with a T350 auto in place of the origional m21 and a slapped in kingswood dash so who knows what else (that's what I am trying to work out). I had a '74 Statesman back years ago that Im sure had the same but it was again heavily modified from standard with a 350Chev/T400. It was origionally the stretch Belmont variety with a 253 traumatic so anything could of been done to it. The armrest was definitly an attractive addition back in the day and HQ's are probably the most fwucked with of all.

Seriously, though, I think the benefit of asking questions is that they tend to pry out knowledge from more experiance of us... :-)

I still dont get the one in the ebay HJ ute that is different with the gap in the middle, but again, the shifter hole on that tunnel does look like it was cut by a person with parkinsons who shouldn't of been given a gas axe licence......

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 16-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    253 auto Statesman Mauser - that is a luxury one! Try a 202 auto or a low comp 253 auto for ultimate performance. What I would really like to own is a bog standard Statesman custom with 350, TH400, front bench, column shift, air and steer. Ultimate sleeper.

haha some kids Dad had to have a Statesman... only just.

I always like the back end on the HQ much more than the later ones. That black ex-hire car one on ebay a while ago would of been the top of the range.

Mauser
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Cruiser
    Great thread Mauser

When I had my (9/71 Melb) coupe painted I was surprised it didn't have the front mount and now I know the reason.

Learnt something new today and yesterday (HJ Deluxe utes)
    Last edited by mr.jones; 16-06-2011 at 08:50 PM.

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    253 auto Statesman Mauser - that is a luxury one! Try a 202 auto or a low comp 253 auto for ultimate performance. What I would really like to own is a bog standard Statesman custom with 350, TH400, front bench, column shift, air and steer. Ultimate sleeper.
    A mate of mine had one of the base model 6cyls auto Statos for sure,
    It even had drum front brakes not disc.
    That was fixed and then a 350 chev t400 was fitted.
    The car then was a great fun car from that point on.
    Cheers Paul.

it was the look I think not the performance, those extra few inches between your legs and the front seat makes all the difference. You could have a party in the rear of those puppies on long road trips.

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 17-06-2011 at 07:10 AM.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-HQ...item19c680c951

Close HQ Statesman to what you like Byron.

Mauser

Thread Information