Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front console mounts.

may be plant related byron..hj had rod shift with m41..hx i think had both..hz definately had both...wb had cable only with m38...

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsandman76 View Post
    Byron, I'm confused. Which is correct? My HQ Sandman Belmont ute screws into the floor in front of the shifter.

Justin
    I've always believed HQ had no front bracket and screws directly into the floor only and HJ-WB had a bracket. I am not so sure now with what Mauser has raised. Hence I have to check more original vehicles out. There is no doubt over HJ-WB just HQ.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    may be plant related byron..hj had rod shift with m41..hx i think had both..hz definately had both...wb had cable only with m38...
    I thought it may be related to the console style, so those with the Caprice style console used cable? Did WB Statesmans with trimatic use a rod or cable shift?

my hq console screws straight to floor like yours my hj has brackets ... the hj brackets didnt line up when installing a hz console tho ??

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    HX-WB are like the second picture in all my photos.

Took this pic out of the HX

15062011(004).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jbsandman76 View Post
    Byron, I'm confused. Which is correct? My HQ Sandman Belmont ute screws into the floor in front of the shifter.

Justin
    Your not alone Justin - as per my posts in the HQ Sandman - Consoles thread my HQ Sandman Kingswood ute also screws directly into the floor in front of the shifter - just has two holes as per the HQ pic posted by Bryon. So very intersted that other HQ's/HQ Sandman's have the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I've always believed HQ had no front bracket and screws directly into the floor only and HJ-WB had a bracket. I am not so sure now with what Mauser has raised. Hence I have to check more original vehicles out. There is no doubt over HJ-WB just HQ.

--- Updated ---

I thought it may be related to the console style, so those with the Caprice style console used cable? Did WB Statesmans with trimatic use a rod or cable shift?
    no it does not discriminate between deville and caprice..i have a fresh 3/77 hx deville here that is l31 m41 and is cable shifter..
    wb statesman with tri were all left shift boxes and used a unique to that model rod and linkage..the t350 cable shift is unique to late hz and wb statesman..

Cruiser
    My mate is halfway through a resto on a perfectly unmolestered original HQ Statesman. I know it came factory fitted with a console, So I've shot him a query, as soon as he sends me the pic I'll upload it if it will be of any use? Actually, he just messaged and said the stato isn't back till the weekend, so he'll send it through then.

My HQ console screws directly into the floor as well!

Definatelly keen to hear what others look like as well as seeing the photo's Dago puts up!

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    Took this pic out of the HX

15062011(004).jpg
    There you go. So maybe we have a changeover from an older bracket to a new bracket in possibly HX. Or maybe it is a body plant specific bracket.

Remember in HQ we had (at least) 3 x plants building van bodies and 4 x building ute bodies but in HJ it was only 2 x plants building van bodies and 4 x building ute bodies. So there is a lot to look at and find!

P Plater

Bracket

I am glad that this post has come up as I have been looking in to the HQ brackets a bit more lately as I am not as sure now with them.
    It looks like my off road car could have been modified at some stage and had the bracket fitted to suit the HJ style console at the front.
    This now does not really come as much of a surprise as the car has had a HJ onwards dash cut into it at some stage along with a few other (Cough) improvements.
    My other on road car I remember cutting the rear bracket off and changing it to suit the HJ onwards style bracket and I thought that I had also mucked around with front bracket moving it to suit the different position of the front mount location of the HJ console as well. But maybe not.
    This was back in 1987/88 so it looks like my memory may not be as crisp as I thought on the mater.
    Mauser it looks like I could have given you and some other people a bum steer on that one so I apologize for that.
    Cheers Paul.

Thread Information