Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for the Sandman mega buffs!

Sandman Guru
    It can't have been a HJ Kingswood van, there was none until HX. It might have been a HX with a HJ grille? Did it have the wide speedo or was it like HX and HZ? It has no side rubbing strips which were standard on HJ-HX Kingswood (HJ ute only) either. HGC plates is right for HJ though.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    It can't have been a HJ Kingswood van, there was none until HX. It might have been a HX with a HJ grille? Did it have the wide speedo or was it like HX and HZ? It has no side rubbing strips which were standard on HJ-HX Kingswood (HJ ute only) either. HGC plates is right for HJ though.
    I know it was a very late model HJ so nearly a HX, and you would know better than I, so it can't have been a kingswood...can't remember the dash at all, but def was not a GTS as his dream was to put one in it...he lowered it, and put the v8 4spd, then got over it, and bought a premier, which was a v8 auto...and was an ugly brown metalic colour...then we split, and I met Rodney who had a Sandman, so I moved up in the car world..lol....(something funny I remembered the other day about driving ex BF van about) I used to drive it as a V8 should have been driven, a couple of guys I overheard saying to him that he didn't get under it enough, and I did, maybe that caused him to sell it...lol...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    No such thing as HJ Kingswood van. HJ van with headlining is most likely a Sanmdan. Standard engine for early HJ Sandman van was a 173. I'd be 99% sure it is.
    yeah i was 99% sure but the owner caused me that 1% doubt. I cant understand how could he have bought/been sold a Sandman and be none the wiser?

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Not enough info Vobmil, was it a Kingswood van? Can you get more plate info?
    nah Blocker no pics and no more plate info until the day he decides to sell and calls me!!!!!

all fingers are crossed

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by rcknrlla View Post
    Where's the pics Vombil? :(
    this guy was so old he was near on about to keel over! i thought id be pushing my luck if i looked at tags too hard or reeled off a coupla shots... I was trying to buy a car that wasn't really for sale

Hey, have we even considered maybe the old fellow is wiser than we think, If it is a Sandman and he tells everyone that, he will get hasselled all the time to sell it. This way most people will go ok, and go away and do exactly what we are doing, wondering.

On the other hand up until sites like this became commonplace, no one except the odd serious car buff would have been on the lookout. I know that when I bought my ute recently all my friends said immediately, oh its a van. Most didn't remember the utes.
    Nearly on the Road

Thread Information