Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memorable 70's and 80's toys

Memorable 70's and 80's toys

With the enjoyment of the Music thread I have started this topic

One thing for us vanners, having time inside with little fella I have pulled out some of my old cars for him,

I am hunting for a original cab for this car carrier

see link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Matchbox-...item3f0a24a255

If you have any old matchbox cars and think you may the correct cab please let me know other wise will buy these set in for him

Thanks

Let the good times roll - Bring out the old toys that made your day in 70's and 80's

--- Updated ---

heres is one I found for you Big Vanners

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MATCHBOX-...item5887270fc7

yeah I had a large Matchbox collection back in the day, as far as Im aware they are still boxed up @ my folks place....ahhh the memories.

I cant beleave the big bucks they pull, my birth father, buried all mine in the back yard when he was filling it in, I went out after school most days and dug out as much as i could, my whole toy box got buried, rescued as many as i could the arsehole said i was too old for toys so buried the lot - r sole

Hence why I dug them out and took them to mums place, thank god i saved wht i did love sharing them with the kids now

If they are in mint condish and still ion theorginal box = Huge $amolians! one huge truckload of cablingy!

My father was the same. He passed a bit of his collection onto me which are sitting up on my shelves beside me in my room. I wouldn't part with them in a thousand years though - too much sentimental value.

Gave a huge bag load of matchbox cars & trucks (my interest in cars started young) to my cousin when I turned 13. Thought I wouldn't want them any more (priorities changed):errf:. All in mint condition. He then lost, or trashed them all??
    I'd kill to have them now!!

Best 70' toy for me (other than my cars etc) was my 3 speed dragster bike. GT striped seat, white walled tyres and sissy bar. It was cool.
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Quote Originally Posted by HZ EVIE View Post
    Gave a huge bag load of matchbox cars & trucks (my interest in cars started young) to my cousin when I turned 13. Thought I wouldn't want them any more (priorities changed):errf:. All in mint condition. He then lost, or trashed them all??
    I'd kill to have them now!!

funny that I had cars as well, and wish I had kept them, I have all my farm animals, they are called Britains and I see them for $5-20 in antique toy shops, I let my kids, and nephews play with them, I have a beautiful dolls house, built by my late father, (a homestead all out of timber) and it has all the gorgeous furniture in it too, I have my original Thomas the tank engine hardcover books which I had long before they were popular on ABC. I also have a stable built by my father, and really well made rubber horses, with leather saddles, and bridles. (bought in UK before migrating) I then moved onto real horses...
    I have kept all our kids toys because we have space, unlike my parents....

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_77 View Post
    I cant beleave the big bucks they pull, my birth father, buried all mine in the back yard when he was filling it in, I went out after school most days and dug out as much as i could, my whole toy box got buried, rescued as many as i could the arsehole said i was too old for toys so buried the lot - r sole

Hence why I dug them out and took them to mums place, thank god i saved wht i did love sharing them with the kids now
    How sad for you, glad you dug them out...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

[QUOTE=jennie285;19453]funny that I had cars as well, and wish I had kept them, I have all my farm animals, they are called Britains and I see them for $5-20 in antique toy shops, I let my kids, and nephews play with them, I have a beautiful dolls house, built by my late father, (a homestead all out of timber) and it has all the gorgeous furniture in it too, I have my original Thomas the tank engine hardcover books which I had long before they were popular on ABC. I also have a stable built by my father, and really well made rubber horses, with leather saddles, and bridles. (bought in UK before migrating) I then moved onto real horses...
    I have kept all our kids toys because we have space, unlike my parents....[COLOR="Silver"]

Britans....now theres a name from the past, I had that stuff as well, all metal and well made, jeez Id forgotten about that! Also got that package Jennie. Thanks a mill for that, Ill return the favour soon!

dunno what happened to my toys?????...just grew bigger....

Banned
    My favourite toys were a madel Scamel semi trailer and a John Deere 40 series tractor with a big set of offset discs. I wore the tractor out. I took it to Foster once and it ploughed up the wet beach sand unreal! I can just see the surfies looking strangely at the country kid ploughing the beach up
    Sadly I rescued the tractor and plough from the shed and put them in our house when I left school and the house burnt down not long after that. Should buy another one for the kids I suppose.......more like me

Thread Information