Thread: New Lowered springs settling?

New Lowered springs settling?

Howdy all. I know this question is pretty common and its kinda 'how long is a piece of string....' but how long should i expect new front springs to take to settle? I lowered a van a few years ago and ended up changing the springs again. This week with the help of a very useful mate i put new lovell springs in and gabriel shocks. The car still sits about 40mm higher than id like. Ill give it a month and a few good drives but has anyone had any experience with lovells? Just so i know what to expect....? Cheers.

We put new front springs in our van 4 weeks ago and they sit 25mm higher than I wanted them to and thought they might settle a little .sence then we have travelled from Parkes to Phillip island and back Parkes to Newcastle and back via hornsby,wise mans ferry about 3000 km and I don't think the Spings have settled at all

Banned
    I dont think the spring would settle much if its made right. The bushes may bed in a little being rubber and the shocks will also bed in and work better after a few K's.

Thanks guys. yeah im hoping theyll drop a bit yet as I want them a good 30mm lower at least.. Otherwise its another spring change... Dam fine tuning!

ive done more commodores than i care to remember and never got more than 5-10mm.

time for a spring change! in my experience the blokes at the suspension shops will let you hand them back and get a lower spring... providing they haven't been in for 3 years

ive never done an older holden... did it take long?

Nah it didnt take that long. Maybe a couple of hours at the most if you count taking out the sway bar, RTS arms, undoing the castles, popping the ball joints etc etc.. It was fairly straight forward.

Im probably only ever gunna have this car under club rego so i might even just cut the buggers. Shouldnt need too much taken off. Maybe half a spring..

Cant take em back cos i got them off ebay. Brand new spring and shocks together for $220.

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    ive done more commodores than i care to remember and never got more than 5-10mm.

time for a spring change! in my experience the blokes at the suspension shops will let you hand them back and get a lower spring... providing they haven't been in for 3 years

ive never done an older holden... did it take long?

Thread Information