Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painting - novice

Quote Originally Posted by abncraig View Post
    After speaking with local panel beaters soda blasting is the way to go many people have had their cars fucked by sandblasters that know what they are doing. t could cost you alot more if you have to replace panels

i get people all the time ringing and looking for bonnets and bootlids that the blasters have screwed..and wiring harnesses and wiper pivots and anything else that the customer leaves in the vehicle...make sure its stripped absolutely bare of everything including brackets that come off...:cry:

Gas On

Huh?!

My computer is old, slow & pictures take along time to load. I cannot even view the videos posted on here.

Cmon ozbox, if I wanted to see commodores I'd go to the shops.

(Somebody had to say it)

Quote Originally Posted by Gas On View Post
    My computer is old, slow & pictures take along time to load. I cannot even view the videos posted on here.

Cmon ozbox, if I wanted to see commodores I'd go to the shops.

(Somebody had to say it)
    sorry that you have a crap computer but it was an example of what can be done on a budget for people that have good computers obviously..:errf:

now if you had of read what was written above the pics before they took up your time you would have picked up on the ute part and the vg part and the vs part...

i dont believe that there was any vans made with those model prefixes in holdens..:sick:

just remember that if you read what i put up then you will never have to waste time lookin at stuff that you can see at shops.......

Gas On
    A picture tells a thousand words.

A picture tells a thousand words.
    hehehehehe...not on your computer...

Gas On

Paint Application

Back to the subject.

My advise on painting a van (for practical use) would be to make sure that you (or your applicator) does several extra coats on the roof, both outside and in...

Especially inside because alot of sex can cause alot of condensation.

There are also products on the market to absorb the moisture (hehe) from within your vehicle. These can be used on any car.

And make sure you run a thin bead of silicon down the gutter! Thats if you dont shave them off and end them behind the doors...

Back to the subject.

My advise on painting a van (for practical use) would be to make sure that you (or your applicator) does several extra coats on the roof, both outside and in...

Especially inside because alot of sex can cause alot of condensation.

And make sure you run a thin bead of silicon down the gutter! Thats if you dont shave them off and end them behind the doors...
    Hmm, might be a bit of wishfull thinking on your part but condensation is not a real big problem, it dries out pretty quickly even after a hot and heavy night... a quick spin in the morning sun with the tailgate up will disipate it fairly quickly... just make sure you also put the driver and passenger windows down as well so you can get high on the exhaust fumes being sucked in through the back.....:knockout:

Using silicon anywhere on a vehicle is the worst possible advise to give unless you are wanting to promote rust..... correct automotive seam sealer is the only stuff to use, especially in gutters.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Gas On
    Gday.

I use Admil Professional N-195 Silicone because Ive found it's the best product that works for my clients. It's uses include automotive construction, masonry construction & exterior etc. This is a high quality product & long lasting. It's also great to work with - ie, smooth beads, easy clean up, fast cure etc.

Thats what I use on my own van and would recommend to anyone wanting to protect their gutters from rusting, for the practical use of the van (ie, out of the garage, driving in the rain...)

Mine was located 50mt's from the beach, at the mid coast; south of adelaide, and was constanty exposed to the salt in the air / and taken onto the beach weekly. Right now, it's under a tree. My gutters are fine.

Condensation causes cancer, it was a time consuming and expensive exercise to fix the rust on the inside of the roof. If you plan to use, have sex & sleep in your van, take my word for it! If your going to spray the thing, why not do a quality job, or you'll be back to square one within 4 season.

Cheers

sounds like a great silicone....

as for most of the guys on this forum having sex in there van i reckon they would be lucky gettin sex in the bedroom....:yawn:

Thread Information