Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior paints, I now have them...... ALL

Interior paints, I now have them...... ALL

I had some real good luck today while trying to get Portland Grey paint for the GTS dash fascia's.

Not only did I get some from a paint supplier just up the road from me..... they also put it in spray cans for me.......

The owner has a really nice custom FJ ute as his shop car and the girl who did the paint for me owns a 1944 Ford GPW jeep...... they are passionate about restoring cars so really went all out to help me once they found out what I was doing and our common interest in ww2 jeeps.....

The best part is after some searching.... they can supply me with just about every interior Holden paint colour and put it in spray cans......

We found all the Sandman colours, Tan, Buckskin, Covert, Gazelle, Black, Chestnut etc. all in the correct med gloss acrylic.

Couldn't find Chamois but they said they will have it for me by Monday....

Byron.... if you can find a good crashpad you can paint it Covert for your HJ Premier......
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Just did a trial spray with the rattle can to see how it looks......

Brilliant.... cans spray really well also... sample piece ona HZ Kingswood fascia as this was the cleanest one I had with original Portland Grey paint on it...

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    I had some real good luck today while trying to get Portland Grey paint for the GTS dash fascia's.

Not only did I get some from a paint supplier just up the road from me..... they also put it in spray cans for me.......

The owner has a really nice custom FJ ute as his shop car and the girl who did the paint for me owns a 1944 Ford GPW jeep...... they are passionate about restoring cars so really went all out to help me once they found out what I was doing and our common interest in ww2 jeeps.....

The best part is after some searching.... they can supply me with just about every interior Holden paint colour and put it in spray cans......

We found all the Sandman colours, Tan, Buckskin, Covert, Gazelle, Black, Chestnut etc. all in the correct med gloss acrylic.

Couldn't find Chamois but they said they will have it for me by Monday....

Byron.... if you can find a good crashpad you can paint it Covert for your HJ Premier......
    I'll go looking for HJ-HX Premier or Deville pad. Problem is you won't find a better car than mine, then it has to be wrecked to get the pad. And mine is cracked! So it'd have to be a damn good car to not have a cracked one. I have heaps of good ones but none are what I need!

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I'll go looking for HJ-HX Premier or Deville pad. Problem is you won't find a better car than mine, then it has to be wrecked to get the pad. And mine is cracked! So it'd have to be a damn good car to not have a cracked one. I have heaps of good ones but none are what I need!
    You can always use a Holden or Kingswood crashpad and fit the Premier infill from your old crashpad on the better one..... if HJ it would need to be a forced air crashpad but HX and early HZ would suit..

Sandman Guru
    I'll look at what I have. There is a whole pallet rack bay of console and crashpads - i'll haveto climb up and see what is up there.

I went back to the paint shop today and got some Covert paint and while chatting to Bill the owner he showed me a water based paint he has for doing vinyl/leather seats and carpet/velour....

I have to say the painted velour and carpet he had was brilliant, it didn't feel painted at all. You have to do a bit of prep work, cleaning the carpet well, spraying a prep solution and then the paint but it will be excellent stuff for those with unobtainable carpet colours like Covert, Sienna ect.

Buy some new moulded carpet in a light colour and paint it to suit your trim. If you give him a sample of your old carpet from under a panel he will colour match it for you....

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Absinth,
    I have just spent the last hour or so looking for the paint code for Buckskin so I can paint my console. Do you have the code that I can give to a paint supplier here please?

Alternatively, a contact number for your supplier and I could see if they will courier some cans to me.

Cheers, Chris

-------EDIT----------
    Just found them in your other post..

Distinctive Paints
    Unit 2, 361 Old Geelong Rd, Hoppers Crossing, VIC, 3029
    Phone: (03) 9360 0533
    Last edited by TwoTees; 13-05-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTees View Post
    Absinth,
    I have just spent the last hour or so looking for the paint code for Buckskin so I can paint my console. Do you have the code that I can give to a paint supplier here please?

Alternatively, a contact number for your supplier and I could see if they will courier some cans to me.

Cheers, Chris

-------EDIT----------
    Just found them in your other post..

Distinctive Paints
    Unit 2, 361 Old Geelong Rd, Hoppers Crossing, VIC, 3029
    Phone: (03) 9360 0533
    Just in case you need to check, I was with a bloke who is painting buckskin console, and sunvisors, yesterday on his Windsor blue van, he gave me the code from his paint tin, as we are doing our red van in 63v, it was 1G005 GMH paint
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    Just in case you need to check, I was with a bloke who is painting buckskin console, and sunvisors, yesterday on his Windsor blue van, he gave me the code from his paint tin, as we are doing our red van in 63v, it was 1G005 GMH paint
    That isn't a Holden or Dulon paint code Jennie.... you will need to ask him which brand of paint that code is for as other brand paints won't know it.

I have New Buckskin which is 04100 but it doesn't look correct in the colour.... I'm going to spray a little and see how it looks when dry.

These are what we really need to find.... panel shops that used Dulon paint back in the 80's should have all these codes in a book so if you know a panel shop that has been around for a long time ask if you have or copy their old Holden paint code books...

Last edited by Absinth; 13-05-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Bummer, why are paint codes so confusing... it looked perfect when on the console etc. I will ring the paint shop and ask them....and revise the thread.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information