Thread: HZ owners wiring help

Cruiser

HZ owners wiring help

Finally have the Monaro in the new shed and want to wire it up, I have the HQ and HZ wiring diagrams and have identified most of the connectors but still have a few to go.

I have an HZ Statesman loom with GTS dash, A/C, HQ body harness and an efi 5ltr so it is a little more complicated than normal, plus I haven't had the room to even open the doors for 2 1/2years so I have forgotten most of what I had learnt previously

first question as the loom comes through the firewall what do the 2 pink wires hook up to?
    also the dk blue/violet and green wire are they for the auto kickdown switch (mines manual)?
    edit... there is also an orange wire in from the same spot ??

the heater control switch (brown, yellow and orange wires) goes where, is it surplus to requirements due to the A/C?

thanks in advance

Leroy
    Last edited by mr.jones; 01-05-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: found another loose wire

I've got a plug with pink/green/brown wires going into it which heads to the reverse switch. Other pink wires head to the fuse box. Afraid thats all I've got though. Mine isn't an AC car.

Got any pics of the Monaro?

Cruiser
    These were the wires I was curious about

After going through the HX wiring diagram, the pink and orange are for the kickdown switch, the other plug hopefully nothing important :shifty:

My new shed will have a loft added to it and when the bank balance recovers a two post hoist

The purple and dark green wires to the white plug on my T-bar auto is to the detent switch, which in my van is about 3 feet long and runs from the firewall, under foot to the T-Bar. Yours appears to be from a column auto as the switch is just inside the firewall on top of the column.

I took alot of photos when I stripped out my HZ and if I have any photos of the pink wires and where they lead to I'll be happy to let you know.

Great coupe, have fun.
    Last edited by Maysik; 01-05-2011 at 06:51 PM.

I (ambientgoat and I) just pulled out the loom from my HZ van and I couldn't see a pair of pink wires.

I will have another look and see if there is a similar pair running near the grommet.

Very nice. I like the colour.

Mines still a few steps behind yours. Have it tucked safely away awaiting funds, time and a better shed. What are your shed dimensions? Looks nice and spacious even with the caravan in there.

Cruiser
    Thanks the colour generally reflects the colour of the sky, grey when cloudy, blue when sunny and purple late in the day, at the moment it is reflecting the iron. The shed is 10x9x3.3, had to lift the power feed into the house as the shed was too high.
    It was painted 11yrs ago so it has a few scratches but will look nice as it cruises past like the wheels on yours B45's were what I was going to put on it but might go for 15x7/8 Pontiac Rally 2's

Cheers Blocker could you get a pic of the ignition switch I'm short a wire there too :lifesaver: one of the 2 single wires at the bottom of the switch

The loom came from a T-bar Statesman

Leroy

Cruiser
    Short update J298891 turned 40 last week so it was about time I got motivated again. I have sourced a VN fuel tank and am in the process of getting the filler neck moved to the back of the tank. Drilled a 2 1/2" hole in the firewall for the computer plug and have a couple more wires to hook up, hoping to have some power through the loom shortly to test everything is working before the front end goes back on.

Thread Information