Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Repro Door Trims

Repro Door Trims

Here is a repro door trim - comments feedback is welcome as I am looking at buying a pair for my HJ van.

i know my knowledge is not worth much but i think they look great.. That the only colour they come in? also how much cashola is involved in getting a pair?

considering its near impossible to buy a good front pair of trims they are very good.second hand are usually worn and the chrome has peeled off..especially the right hand side...

Quote Originally Posted by NickyG View Post
    i know my knowledge is not worth much but i think they look great.. That the only colour they come in? also how much cashola is involved in getting a pair?
    They are available in all standard colours, mine is black. As for cost, let's say you will be asking mum & dad for a loan :shifty:

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    considering its near impossible to buy a good front pair of trims they are very good.second hand are usually worn and the chrome has peeled off..especially the right hand side...
    The indentations are welded or ironed into shape rather than stitched. I have seen stitched ones and they are not to my liking for a repro.

I'm still looking into the whole HJ door arm rest saga.

haha wow ok back to working the streets of st kilda late at night im guessing maybe 1000?

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    They are available in all standard colours, mine is black. As for cost, let's say you will be asking mum & dad for a loan :shifty:

The indentations are welded or ironed into shape rather than stitched. I have seen stitched ones and they are not to my liking for a repro.

I'm still looking into the whole HJ door arm rest saga.
    The other saga is......... which door trims are correct for your HJ Sandman????? It appears from this interior pic of a HJ Sandman from Custom vans and Trucks that HJ vans had the Holden door trim (not Kingswood) after the change from silver dash fascia to black fascia..... note also it has arm rests.

Just to confuse you a little more...

4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Cruiser
    hq trims were originally formed plastic... the repro trims are usually made of the thicker seat material.... im not sure if it changed from hj on...

i believe someone is currently making repros in original formed plastic material in black only at this point....

Al

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    agreed. if they are good then the car would have been garaged. if garaged then its likely too good to wreck = next to no chance of finding good 2nd hand. Im gonna have to grab my ankles as well Blocker :(

Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post
    hq trims were originally formed plastic... the repro trims are usually made of the thicker seat material.... im not sure if it changed from hj on...

i believe someone is currently making repros in original formed plastic material in black only at this point....

Al
    I have been told many times that the original style plastic used on the door trims is unavailable and too expensive to get reproduced..... and yes it was used on HQ through HZ.... if you have a source for black in the original style plastic please share.....
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    I have been told many times that the original style plastic used on the door trims is unavailable and too expensive to get reproduced..... and yes it was used on HQ through HZ.... if you have a source for black in the original style plastic please share.....
    no source in particular.... but i spoke to a guy who advertises repro trims on evilbay in melbourne late last year about repro flax trims for my coupe..... conversation turned to original style repro trims and he said that another company was in the process of gearing up to make original type trims in the next 12 months... they would only be making them in black because the demand would be greater..

Al

Thread Information