Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Repro Door Trims

Yep Belmont like the SS sedan front ones. The HQ Sandman ute could be ordered in both Kingy and the Belmont. Byron would probably answer the question of the door armrests being available as an option but I always thought they were.

IMG_3468.jpgIMG_3471.jpg

These pictures are on this site somewhere but this is a Belmont HQ Sandman ute. My van has what I think are the origional door trims with no holes for armrests and the long lever to open the door.

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 20-10-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

This is a Belmont trim I sourced from a Ute a few weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GNW1974; 22-10-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: link not working
    Nearly on the Road

Learner Driver
    Ok that is good to know, my HQ pano is not a sandman, just a belmont, so i'm a little unsure as to which way i will go. I like the look of the SS ones for some reason, probably with an armrest. Here is the respones from Winner products for those that are interested.

"I always understood that sandmans had kingswood door trims but with the hqs im not 100% sure. In the brochures they have kingswood trim that’s all I can tell you. And it’s a better looking door trim. I can supply both trims $495 + freight"

hq sandman vans were all belmont based..utes were both belmont and kingswood..never take a sales brochure as gospel.

Hi Miko,

no dramas with armrests as these original Belmont trims I have have the holes on the backing board, so I assume the others are the same. BTW I have been to Winners factory a few weeksago and I will be getting a set of Kingswood trims made up in the future, the trims looked fine, can't comment on quality as I have not seen other reproductions to compare them to. You would want to make sure they know how to make Belmont trims if you did order.
    Nearly on the Road

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    ..never take a sales brochure as gospel.
    Ain't that the gospel truth.

The HJ Sandman brochure shows a van with a bench seat in it........
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    Here is a repro door trim - comments feedback is welcome as I am looking at buying a pair for my HJ van.

has anyone had a recent quote for a pair, i got a set redone but there nowhere near close and the trimmer will never get they close, so im thinking of just forking out the cash for the proper job

Cruiser
    I recently took possession of a new set in slate black for my HZ van from Eastern Auto in Melbourne, great job just a pity about the service, originally was told 3 weeks, after 3 months rang them (wasnt in a hurry busy with another project - shed) then was told a few more weeks. Also when ringing them a leaving a message to contact me they would not return my calls, eventually they told me they had been sent and another few weeks went by and again didnt return by calls and was told that they had been damaged in transit by courier and returned to them and another set done and had just been resent, their customer service skills leave a lot to be desired of I could have got the items else where I would have cancelled the order, I dont mind waiting for stuff especially if I am told up front its going to be 4-5 months but hate being stuffed around and lied to in regards to when you get it, due to my experience I will NOT be getting my seats retrimmed by them. I dont think it is too hard to pick up the phone and call somebody to keep them updated about when they can expect their item, I was having to leave bogus message on their answering machine just to get them to ring me back, NOT HAPPY JAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by hj308 View Post
    I recently took possession of a new set in slate black for my HZ van from Eastern Auto in Melbourne, great job just a pity about the service, originally was told 3 weeks, after 3 months rang them (wasnt in a hurry busy with another project - shed) then was told a few more weeks. Also when ringing them a leaving a message to contact me they would not return my calls, eventually they told me they had been sent and another few weeks went by and again didnt return by calls and was told that they had been damaged in transit by courier and returned to them and another set done and had just been resent, their customer service skills leave a lot to be desired of I could have got the items else where I would have cancelled the order, I dont mind waiting for stuff especially if I am told up front its going to be 4-5 months but hate being stuffed around and lied to in regards to when you get it, due to my experience I will NOT be getting my seats retrimmed by them. I dont think it is too hard to pick up the phone and call somebody to keep them updated about when they can expect their item, I was having to leave bogus message on their answering machine just to get them to ring me back, NOT HAPPY JAN!!
    I have heard similar stories about them, but also form other reputable trimmers. But when you start hearing the same thing about the same business from different people, you start to get a feeling.

Thread Information