Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drifter

Sandman Guru

Drifter

That Drifter on Ebay would be awesome to own. V8 manual drifter, very hard to find. Not as good as the 265 6cyl version which was actually more powerful, quicker and handled better, but doesn't sound as good! I don't think i've ever seen a V8 one before!

Banned
    Drifters are cool. Everything the sundowner wasnt and nothing the sandman was.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Drifters are cool. Everything the sundowner wasnt and nothing the sandman was.
    My mate had one just like that but she had side windows in hers. It was a drifter sports pack. Dont think it was a V8 though from memory. Was sweet but!

Before I purchased the Sandman I was actually originally after a Drifter! Wasn't able to find a nice original untouched one though until now... Thats half the reason why I did purchase the Sandman. A nice genuine untouched Sandman with the books at a great price was too hard to let go. I wanted the same in a drifter. I wonder how much the reserve is?! :Chin: Teeheehee
    Last edited by Rolla; 30-03-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Red face Drifter - work in progress

I had a HZ Sandman ute until it was knocked off& then stripped and burnt in 1986, now have the classic HQ 'elmont' ute (the B always falls off), with ceremonial tail light trims from the Sandman.

I also have project Drifter ute currently stripped out and has most undercoat and all metal work done - 318, 4 speed, Alpine white, original matching block and original delivery booklet. It will be a while in the build for various reason however worth the build time. They made 110 utes and a bit over 400 vans - I did have all build numbers but lost it some time ago. Unlike the Sandman, all are option coded A80 and totally verifiable.
    Last edited by holdenon; 30-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by holdenon View Post
    I had a HZ Sandman ute until it was knocked off& then stripped and burnt in 1986, now have the classic HQ 'elmont' ute (the B always falls off), with ceremonial tail light trims from the Sandman.

I also have project Drifter ute currently stripped out and has most undercoat and all metal work done - 318, 4 speed, Alpine white, original matching block and original delivery booklet. It will be a while in the build for various reason however worth the build time. They made 110 utes and a bit over 400 vans - I did have all build numbers but lost it some time ago. Unlike the Sandman, all are option coded A80 and totally verifiable.
    Hurry up and do it holdenon.

A80, great the search begins....
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Banned
    Cool, nice to see some interest in the Drifters. Good luck Adam!

Option codes - Drifter

Good luck, A80/A81 is your Drifter option code and it should be supported by the A53 Sports pack which give the dash, seats, etc. The sports pack is a nice looking rig too, driferent stripes but pretty much the same as the drifter without the black/white outs. I got a wrecked S/P ute from Dubbo, but it was too far gone. Used all the sports bits on a standard ute and then took it to the tip. I did trace all the stripes first so have a good template.

A80 CL Drifter Package - Bumpers and Grill in Body color, Black Finish Wiper Blades and External Mirrors.Side Stripe Decals (with A53 Option only)

A81 CL Drifter Package - As for A80 but LESS Side Stripe Decals (with A53 option only)

A53 VK, CL Sports Pack - Charger "770" type instrument Cluster, 3 Spoke Sports Steering Wheel, Body Stripes, Tonneau cover (Ute only), Side Windows (Van only)

A77 VH, VJ Utility Town and Country Package

Good luck, A80/A81 is your Drifter option code and it should be supported by the A53 Sports pack which give the dash, seats, etc. The sports pack is a nice looking rig too, driferent stripes but pretty much the same as the drifter without the black/white outs. I got a wrecked S/P ute from Dubbo, but it was too far gone. Used all the sports bits on a standard ute and then took it to the tip. I did trace all the stripes first so have a good template.

A80 CL Drifter Package - Bumpers and Grill in Body color, Black Finish Wiper Blades and External Mirrors.Side Stripe Decals (with A53 Option only)

A81 CL Drifter Package - As for A80 but LESS Side Stripe Decals (with A53 option only)

A53 VK, CL Sports Pack - Charger "770" type instrument Cluster, 3 Spoke Sports Steering Wheel, Body Stripes, Tonneau cover (Ute only), Side Windows (Van only)

A77 VH, VJ Utility Town and Country Package

So true the A80 and A81 vans are drifters...... then sport packs witch was the same set up as drifters with out the stripes......................

Any T and C Utes getting around ??????

Thread Information