Thread: Adam Perth's HJ van

Adam Perth's HJ van

i got this van, it is a Brissy XX7 tagged van, 9/1975, 2200 kg. - right on the 1st of 2 GVM changeover periods for sandmans

it still has original paint and stickers, Jamacian lime green and black stickers, chamois headlining.
    (this is the third HJ in jamacian lime green with a chamois headlining but black interior.)

it has 79,000 km on the clock, L32, M20.

been unlic in in a shed in Kalgoorlie since 1993, before i got it in 2005.

if i knew how to put a pic up you could see the original paint is all cracked up and it needs resto to be anything good.

Resto will be modified stock, original interior, will be replacing the 2Barrel 253 with a worked 308 and M21, 2.5 single system, lowering it slightly, run 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 pontiac rims, GTS centre caps + chrome trims, with redwall BF goodrich tyres..

Last edited by adam perth; 20-03-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Leadfoot
    is that the original paint? i thought hj's had blackouts around the windows! how much do you want for it

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Perth
    it still has original paint and stickers, Jamacian lime green and black stickers, chamois headlining.
    (this is the third HJ in jamacian lime green with a chamois headlining but black interior.)
    All 19V HJ Sandman vans will have either Dove grey (early) or Chamois headlining... full black headlining was not available in HJ.

That's a terrific find Adam, I'd kill to find exactly that van... love the colour and trim... like you I would prefer L31 with M21. Windowless would be preferable also...

Can you take and post some more pics of the exterior and interior as I'd like them for reference... are the door scuff plates chrome or painted? dash black or silver? are the door trims base model or Kingswood style?

All help appreciated with pics and info for research.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Cruiser
    Nice find Adam, love the colour should look great when restored. Any chance you want to sell the rims as mention you plan on putting pontiac rims under it. Also on the pics it looks like the gutter above the door is painted black and the top of the door frame is blacked out as well or is this just the angle of the photo and shadows etc ??

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    All 19V HJ Sandman vans will have either Dove grey (early) or Chamois headlining... full black headlining was not available in HJ.

BUGGER!!!!
    I was going to do mine in black. 5/75
    So if they had black interior and windscreen pillar covers, what hoodling SHOULD it have?

Sorry Adam.
    The colour combo certainly looks good. :D
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    BUGGER!!!!
    I was going to do mine in black. 5/75
    So if they had black interior and windscreen pillar covers, what hoodling SHOULD it have?
    19V trim code Sandman vans came standard with neutral headlining...... black full headlining was not available on HJ Sandman vans. Early HJ Sandman vans with black trim had Dove grey headlining and late HJ Sandman vans with black trim had Chamois headlining.

It is unknown at this time what date the change from Dove Grey to Chamois occurred. At an educated guess I would say a 5-75 van would possibly have Chamois headlining.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

i have 2 windowless sections to make it windowlless with the factory internal pillar.

the door linings are like kingswood, with ash trays, has the chrome scuff plates and it has the blackouts around the windows, but it has worn off! but you can see in the second photo.

trim is 19V with original chamois headlining..

HQSS, yes i have the GTS rims, and i think 2 of them on this van are the early 1971-71 "KU" stamped rims with the full internal weld that the HQ SS had if your interested.
    i think i have 3 of these in total.

Absinth, black fascia, 6 digit speedo.
    Last edited by adam perth; 05-09-2010 at 04:20 AM. Reason: hungova!

sold to Morris @ Kwinana Performance... Goodluck morris with the rebuild back to original
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

holy shite... that will morph into some kinda fat ass fire breathing dragon with him holding the keys
    BQZ

Thread Information