Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay issue - what do you think?

Ebay issue - what do you think?

Here is an issue I would like to get peoples opinions on.

I bid and purchased a black Hz dash pad on EBay a few days ago and got it for a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Went to pick it up yesterday. When I get there after a long drive I find there is a 4cm crack on the top of it in the middle. The add states it is "IN GREAT CONDITION ERY STRAIGHT AND NO SPLITS CRACKS OR HOLES"

I point out the crack and the guy says he didn't see it before. Mmmm

He has another black dash I could have with no cracks but he wants $350 for it.

Now I thought I bought a black dash with no cracks for $63.

Ended up leaving without anything. What a waste of time.

What does everyone think of this. Should I leave bad feedback, open a dispute, forget about it?

He advertised incorrectly, so I would open a dispute. However since there was no money exchanged there is not much eBay will do.

Seems that leaving neg feedback is not much of a deterant these days either because of eBays flawed feedback process.

I would definitely mark him as a poor seller and not buy/bid from him.

Negative feedback is about all you can do.

If the guy has 2 dashpads he thought were in the same condition and he want's $350 for one but let the other go at $63 then I'm Donald Duck. Just be glad you didn't get it posted and then find out, often you won't get your return postage cost when that happens.

--- Updated ---

Feel free to use this in your feedback. You only get limited letters to describe your experience but you want other buyers to know as much as possible.

Long drive,dash was cracked.Offered another for$350.NO THANKS!

how do you record EBay sellers as people you don't want to deal with on your EBay profile so you don't forget them?

In your saved sellers list you can add a note for each seller. Not sure if it will pop up if you happen to click on one of his items from the usual search though.

Rodney bets that you actually did buy the better one, but went to cheap, on ebay so he tried to do the old switcharoo on you....

not fair, I wonder if the advertised pictures of the dash can be linked to the better dash? eg. blemish or mark, if this is the case you would have been entitled to the better dash. Had a thought about if we had one you could have, but the black one out of the yellow van has a crack if you want it for nothing to re-cover you can have it....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    ^^That is exactly what I thought

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    Rodney bets that you actually did buy the better one, but went to cheap, on ebay so he tried to do the old switcharoo on you....

not fair, I wonder if the advertised pictures of the dash can be linked to the better dash? eg. blemish or mark, if this is the case you would have been entitled to the better dash. Had a thought about if we had one you could have, but the black one out of the yellow van has a crack if you want it for nothing to re-cover you can have it....
    Yep defiantly what happened

Thanks for the offer Jennie. I have a black one at the moment that has a huge crack on the top. I have a dash mat over it and you can't tell it is there so i'ts not too bad.

Just thought that if I pick up a good deal it would be worth replacing.

Sandman Guru
    In everyone's travels, if you find an uncracked HJ dash pad in Covert out of a Premier or Deville grab it for me! Normally these will be no good to you guys due to the holes for the woodgrain bit.

Thread Information