Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WA wheatbelt HQ sandman ute

David PJ has a point. Linking to an existing ad on the internet is fair enough, it's there already. Posting up photo's without the owners permission and causing wild speculations (whether true or not) is a bit rude.

Same with the "spotted" threads you see on other forums. People post up photo's of other peoples cars in their driveways with approximate locations for all to see. One of the reasons all mine are kept behind the driveway gate or hidden out the farm away from prying eye's and light fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    David PJ has a point. Linking to an existing ad on the internet is fair enough, it's there already. Posting up photo's without the owners permission and causing wild speculations (whether true or not) is a bit rude.
    Tend to agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Same with the "spotted" threads you see on other forums. People post up photo's of other peoples cars in their driveways with approximate locations for all to see. One of the reasons all mine are kept behind the driveway gate or hidden out the farm away from prying eye's and light fingers.
    There is no law against taking photo's and posting them up for all to see. I would agree with you if an exact address of the car was also posted but saying "spotted in Ipswich" is hardly giving much away.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

I realise there's no law but I've been on some forums where the spotted threads are pretty specific. "On xyz street just past the park" and even ones where they've taken the photo of the car in the garage while the door was open for a fleeting moment. I'm probably overly paranoid, being involved with dirtbikes and personally knowing several cases here in Canberra where guys were followed home from their ride (bikes on the ute) and bikes stolen from the garage that night.

My 2 cents on this.
    In this particular case, if they guy has responded to a wanted add, as Adam is saying, I would just see this as information being passed on about a car for sale.
    If I saw a post on another forum about the wagon I've got for sale currently, I wouldn't be upset. (I suspect they guys reaction would have more possitive if replys about the ute were more possitive. )

If however, someone drove past while I had the shed open (corner block so it opens onto the street) and posted my suburb and pictures of my shed contents up, I'd be less than thrilled. But this is just me being cautious from prviously living in a suburb (I use the term loosely) were hidden and bolted down was the only way things don't go walkies

i disagree that some of those comments.
    Firstly, i didn't ask for wild speculations about the car..
    HQ in Barbados is my favourite HQ colour actually.
    I know what town its in, but i said "wheatbelt" - which is the size in area of the UK.

lets face it, its the computer age, and an online history of a car is becoming as important as written documentation. Numbers and photos are being kept from vehicles sold 10+ years ago.
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

speculations, be they wild or not will always appear on forums when something is presented in pictures that is not correct...simple as that.:yawn:

Genuine or not it is a lovely ute, suppose we will have to get used to more clones as values rise and people build copies for various reasons.

Factory air, auto would be extremely rare, Clock probably non standard (unless it was a special order) and Speedo fascia looks incorrect but who knows.

I would be happy to own it. As has been said in other threads where people are tossing up how to restore their vehicle, if it is a genuine Sandman then it would be quite easy to revert it to original spec as the inconsistencies are not major.

Thread Information