Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WA wheatbelt HQ sandman ute

haha yep I guess I wasnt thinking someone would choose air over armrests.... lol

What I mean is if its had a doner Stretch Belmont (statesman) and they snaveled the goodies doesnt mean the origional ute isnt a Sandman .... just the ute isnt origional.

Mauser

BTW I would love to find a Belmont like the one on the SS site http://www.concourseparts.com.au/forum/ that someone got in WA. The whole car is immaculate.

yeah its missing the rear indicator lights in the side and the speedo cluster doesn't look right for 3/74 in the photo..

but anyhow....not a bad looking ute..
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    I don't believe it is a genuine Sandman...... I emailed them back in Jan 2005 when it was originally for sale asking for the data plate info???? All they would tell me is it was a Belmont and a genuine sandman.....

Cloth inserts are incorrect as is the kingswood door trims and Premier console. The GTS guard flutes don't look right (weld ins?)

Original 42000klm and been in dry storage since 1997..... yeah right... that ute is far from original.

It's a nice looking ute though and I reckon the $15000 he paid is maybe around the money but worth no more today.
    i reckon your right...i have a fading bit of memory on someone else trying to get the details..namely me...at the time if it was a correct ute it was 10k too dear for the fact trhat it was not original as in its stripes and parts..

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I dont think you can say its not origional from that mate. Most of these cars have been smashed, bashed, ratted and rebuilt again over the last 35 years...

come to think of it... so have we.

It would be nice to see the plates anyway. :-)

Mauser
    i reckon he can ....fact is that its not original ....which makes his statement correct...

still love it, genuine or not. Agree with the tonneau finish comments, I still like the rope look, especially when the cover is well made. Some I see in photos look like they are made from material that is too thin. I well remember giving my cover a once over with boot polish now and again, don't know if that was politically correct but certainly helped the water repellent properties and looked great.

Banned
    I reckon it looks good too. Just hate the shaved tonneau cover hooks look. Plus its real hard to fix if they welded the holes up. I just wash my tonneau cover with truck wash. Same as tyres and they come up looking good.

When i had a tonneau cover made up for my HG, i used the ford style elastic straps. These were just a small elastic loop that was individual.
    I used to always used baby oil on it.The reason being that it was able to expand and shrink with the weather conditions. I always used that on my dash pad as well.
    Amour oil tended to dry them up and crack them.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Some good idea's there on how to care for your tonneau cover. I just wash mine when I wash my ute, leave it on.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Banned
    i always take it off. Condensation between the cover and side of the ute does it no favours. Shock cord is great instead of sash cord style rope. Also if you undo the back quarter of the cover and fold it back under the front half on dirt roads you get hardly any dust in the back.
    I reckon armorall is great stuff and have never had any issues with it.

Learner Driver

WA Wheatbelt HQ

Adams a bit of a dill he just posted photos of the ute that I sent to him as an a friendly gesture has made me pretty cross.

why is that PJ? is is because everyone has some bit of history on it that you don't like to hear..??

you replied to my advert to "WANTED, SANDMAN etc, remember???
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Thread Information