Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My sandman Replica is for sale

My sandman Replica is for sale

hey guys
    after a hard decision ive decided to sell my white sandman replica, i brought it over a year ago and with still being in university and other reasons ive decided its probbaly not the car i need right now, so by selling this ill start saving up some money to buy a sandman shell in the next couple of years and restore it from the ground up as i dont think i would be able to live without being a part of this sandman community,

this car comes with full RWC and rego and as the people would know that came to the first sandman run down the great ocean road you would know that this car is a very clean unit that would suit any type of buyer.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MESELX:IT

if you have any quiers or questions just contact me though this or you can call 0438359949

Last edited by Sinbin; 13-03-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    The classic sandman panel van - still a fathers worst nightmare

What a shame, but it looks REALLY cool.
    Column auto's give the floor a nice clean look.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Sandman Guru
    Was it originally a BO6? I just read the ebay ad and I reckon it was being L31 M41. Did it originally have buckets?
    Last edited by HK1837; 13-03-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Don't do it. You'll kick yourself later on.

P Plater
    Man,

I sold one in 1990 and until now I have regretted day.

Don't sell it , in my case it took me 20 years to replace my van. Especially do not sell it if you are thinking of a family.

Just buy another car to get around in , don't sell it!

I agree with the last couple of comments... DON'T DO IT!!!!
    I sold my last sandman and then spent the next 4 years trying to replace it, I have now... but it cost me twice what I sold my last one for and is in a lot worse condition. Find a way to keep it, at least till you find a genuine one fisrts if thats one of the reasons for selling.
    Last edited by sandman44; 13-03-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HZ1178 View Post
    Man,

I sold one in 1990 and until now I have regretted day.

Don't sell it , in my case it took me 20 years to replace my van. Especially do not sell it if you are thinking of a family.

Just buy another car to get around in , don't sell it!

We sold ours in 1986 and have just spent nearly the cost of half a house, getting back what we sold.....put her in a shed on blocks...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

hey guys

thanks for your words of advice , it has been a very very tough decision but one of the key points off selling this car is that legally i cannot drive it as i am a green p plate driver in Victoria and i am not allowed to drive a V8 as this is until im 22 and not even being 20 yet it has been quite hard , i have had a second everyday driver up to this sandman is going as it has been rarley used due to the Victorian road rules , If this was an original sandman i have no doubt that i would put it on blocks in the shed and wait but when i first wanted a sandman i wanted an original sandman and i have always been interested in doing a full restoration of one so with the majority of this money i get for the replica it will be put aside to getting an original shell with a motor and gear box that i can restore fully so if it any one knows about one let me know !! but yeah its a hard decision but
    The classic sandman panel van - still a fathers worst nightmare

Sinbin.

I can see what everyone is saying. But one thing that everyone forgets is why did they sell "that car". Usualy it was to buy something else. Sometimes this is like for you a genuine sandman instead of a replicar. Others it maybe to put a deposit on a house.

For the others that put that deposit on the house. If you did not sell "that car" would you have that house now? Or be where you are now? Usualy not.....

Few things I have sold in the last 10 years that I kick myself for. But again I know that it was a good idea at the time and if I didnt sell them or I did buy "that car" I wouldnt have what I do today.
    offered HX LE for 3k fully complete (about 7 years ago)
    offered numerous pre HQ monaros etc. (about 10 years ago) from about 2k-10k
    Sold a HX sandman Van (about 6 months ago.) Didnt owe me much $$ but it did fund buying the Palais White HZ Sandman I just brought. If I didnt sell it I wouldnt have had the finds to buy this one.
    And many others not worth going on and on about.

As others will agree when you think back there was always a reason. 90% of the time it was for a good reason also.
    Last edited by stickthis; 13-03-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Banned
    Yes keeping stuff is a luxury sadely. You end up with something like my WB that I cant part with for silly sentimental reasons. if I sold it I would have a sandman 3 parts finished. Cant do it but.
    These v8 rules are a bit tough. I dont think that nice old van would get you into as much trouble as heaps of 4 cylinder cars available, let alone some of the bikes they allow through for learner riders!
    Looks like a nice van and hope you get what you want for it. if I win the lottery I will buy it!

Thread Information