Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Van At Bathurst

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Hey Jennie would it be OK if I came along with Josh in the WB? Sounds like it might be too good to miss!
    Certainly...

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    im in if its a go...
    I am hoping to tie something up this week, so I can make an event out of it...I will do some ringing around this week to see if we can get in as a club thing, or an interest thing, so we don't have to pay to go across to mark's house, as he would only have limited access tickets to his property...you go through the tunnel. It would be nice if they wanted us to display, I think a string of Sandman's and panelvans, would be a drawcard and they might even invite us to do a lap:Chin: I also have to make sure all this is coshure with Mark and Jenny as they would have other friends they would want to invite, and they share with their daughter and son in the house so they too would have friends...I hope I can pull this off as it would be great to all get together up there and have a really good day together....without deadshits who just want to annoy us, and the fun police confiscating alcohol and making us pay through the nose for a beer:shifty: anyway watch this thread for updates.....As I said previously they are hiring toilets, so maybe we can kick the tin for that....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

I know this is nothing official as yet and seems to be steam rolling pretty quickly but what an awesome oportunity it would be to meet and greet fellow forum members at an iconic event such as Bathurst.

I agree Jenny, what a drawcard it would be to have a mass of Sandmans & vans etc lined up along the trackside, mind blowing really. Jennie if you can pull this off with your friends and it does become some sort of event/invitation for the mysandman.com family I would be priviledged and honoured to make the trip down to meet with you all.

How good would it be all camping out in our brand new TAIL TENTS!!!!!!! ... great marketing oportunity there!
    SNDMN

79 HZ Sandman XX7 Van Flamenco Red - out 'n' about cruzin'

Sandman Guru
    I'd buy a tent even.

I've been watching this thread since last night and I must say it seems to be making momentum. The idea of meeting some of the other forum members and seeing your cars in the flesh is a ripper of an idea and I've been nagging my husband for years to go to Bathurst. If this was to become a sandman.com.au event and an invitation was there for members, I would be certainly interested and willing to pay my way (of course-goes without saying) and I don't drink wine, but have mates that do. So purchasing the local goods would only seem right!!
    What a ripper of an idea Jennie!!
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

i know its early days but does sound like an amazing idea if it happens!!

Far out bloody Bass Straight getting in the way again...wow if this goes ahead i will be pinned to the box to see you all lined up in the vans, tail tents on and smashin cans...and wines..this will be a sorely missed opportunity if it goes ahead and i dont get to see it happen, i hope it does though and you all get shit hot promo spots...well done for tryin to make it happen...

Learner Driver
    How about this for comparison - Bathurst in 1975

Cheers

Bruce

Wow look at the pits...in 1975 I was stuck in a boarding school in Bathurst, I wish you had come and set me free...:(

My parents used to come and take me out for the weekend, and we would camp in our 69Kombi van up at McPhillamy park...little did I know how many times I would visit and stay on the track watching V8's at Bathurst in later life....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Leadfoot

Wow

That sounds like it would be awesome.

Out of interest how far off is the big race??? I know it is impossible but miracles happen :weights:.

I am going to try and get there regardless hopefully catch up with you guys.

Has anyone made or is planning to make some stickers of the "my sandman.com.au still your dads worst nightmare!"

Quote Originally Posted by HX76King View Post
    That sounds like it would be awesome.

Out of interest how far off is the big race??? I know it is impossible but miracles happen :weights:.

I am going to try and get there regardless hopefully catch up with you guys.

Has anyone made or is planning to make some stickers of the "my sandman.com.au still your dads worst nightmare!"
    http://bathurst.v8supercars.com.au/

I am getting more stickers made up, but because of the Easter break things are on hold.

Thread Information