Thread: for hx sandman (nic)

for hx sandman (nic)

hey nick - sorry mate been away with work - not ignoring you or site. what is the buddy system thing you requested mate? happy to join up im just a bit nerdy on the computers and between you and me i find the site fantastic but a bit hard to navigate around easily. (its my bad not the site's)

especially if i have been away from the computer for a few days and there is so much stuff to work through when you get back on -

cheers

mick - a trick for young punters.

Top of the page just under the mySandman forums logo, you'll see 3 tabs;
    Forum, Blog & What's New.

Click What's New and you will get a list of all the new discussions since your last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post

Click What's New and you will get a list of all the new discussions since your last visit.
    thanks blocker i knew there had to be an easy way - just didnt know what it was - thanks mate much appreciated. you will often get plebs like me not knowing the best way around a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by hx-sandman View Post
    You still have the same employer Mick? They move you around much?
    yeah mate still with the boys in blue - i left the beach life for a stint out west (yes i can hear you saying that i must be mad) but i wanted to try something different and its not forever - my time out here will end this year or thereabouts and i will be back at the beach for good - i think the sandman deserves to be near the salt water no matter how bad it is for them hehe. I miss my diving, fishing, surfing and boating pretty bad. the wife and i are a long way from home but its been fantastic out in the bush all the same. I will try and work out this buddy thing to join. Mate i was away for a while and got withdrawals symptons for the site. I was saying in the quick conversation section how there seems to be so many great photos getting around. its pulling at my purse strings to look at buying a van???? I really like the 'sandman' music bits that were posted - so many of those songs get a regular smashing in our house and in the ute (ipod anyway) - throw in a bit more sherbert, LRB, skyhooks - lots more aussie crawl - chisel and 70s compilation albums and i am in sandman music heaven. I am thinking of getting a van so the missus and i can cruze up and down the east coast from qld to newcaslte on days off - listening to tunes and visiting beaches and old pubs - staying in the van for the odd night - man that would be the grouse I reckon!

thanks blocker - that really is easy hehehe - feel like and idiot but thats pretty normal with technology

Don't worry about it mate. You'll get used to whatever you want to use the forums for, every week you'll learn something new.

Geez Mick, you're a man of my own heart.

By compilation albums do you mean various artists albums like.... Bobby Dazzler, Outa Sight, Screamer, Ripper 77, Hitwave 79...... and the early 80's like Full Boar, 1980 The Summer etc. I have most of them.... showing my age now.. LOL

I see you're also a diver... I was a PADI Instructor when I was living in Noosa.. suppose I still am but have let my teaching status lapse. Been years since I had a dive, last time was in 98 while I was living in Papua New Guinea... great diving up there.

If you come down for a weekend we could head over to Morton Island and dive Bulwer and Tangalooma wrecks, I'd love to go for a night dive again.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Geez Mick, you're a man of my own heart.

By compilation albums do you mean various artists albums like.... Bobby Dazzler, Outa Sight, Screamer, Ripper 77, Hitwave 79...... and the early 80's like Full Boar, 1980 The Summer etc. I have most of them.... showing my age now.. LOL

I see you're also a diver... I was a PADI Instructor when I was living in Noosa.. suppose I still am but have let my teaching status lapse. Been years since I had a dive, last time was in 98 while I was living in Papua New Guinea... great diving up there.

If you come down for a weekend we could head over to Morton Island and dive Bulwer and Tangalooma wrecks, I'd love to go for a night dive again.

Yeah mate really miss my diving - ive only done about 30 and last time was lord howe island last november - awesome but. I actually did my course at Noosa with Noosa blue water dive - i call the sunny coast home after my wife and i had lived there for solong. hope to get back there soon or some other beachy town by the end of the year. I did a night dive on those wrecks and reefs not far from tangalooma wrecks - it was about my 8th dive - super fun - went through my air in about 20 mins lol after a big sharge and huge ray stalked us - but love every minute of it. i would be keen for a dive if you like - i am down for two weeks in may - i realise its a bit cold but the older i get the fatter and hairier i am so i think the cold wont hurt me - sometimes that winter weather is just beauftiful for diving. anyway back to sandmans and music - yes i have heard of those albums. i was chucking off at the all the "best of the 70's" type stuff - very cool music - espeically the aussie stuff.

How about I move this out to the general chat instead of Forum Feedback & Suggestions... yea.

How about I move this out to the general chat instead of Forum Feedback & Suggestions... yea.
    sorry blocker....still very much a p plater

Thread Information