Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: efi 304 into HQ-HZ

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    I wonder what the $$ value would be on a red motor with turbo bolt pattern, that has had the bottom end rebuilt and balanced,new double row timing chain,new lifters and E.F.I. cam (mild), new water pump, 2nd hand sump & pick up??????????
    i can tell you but do you want me to make it public?..does it have receipts for the build?

--- Updated ---

the van in my profile is 308 blue turbo pattern bottom end with injected top end..aftermarket computer etc..no cat converters or unleaded filler neck because of early engine number..no engineering hassles..in nsw anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    does it have receipts for the build?
    No it doesn't
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Leadfoot
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-Co...item35b528716d

Hard to tell how its been modified to suit the wb conversion but price isnt bad. Could be worth asking for details and more pics.

Cruiser
    So if I want to fit a T5 box will I need an adaptor? do T5's bolt up to the aussie 4speed box/trimatic patterns or turbo patterns?

Leadfoot
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I am very interested in researching this conversion. Its a bit of a toss up between reco'ing the original 253 and the 4 speed conversion that I have or putting a 304, 5 speed and a disc braked diff. I was going to buy a SS commodore as a donor car but I don't know which one, (secret ford man, the sandman Poo's on the sundowner). Any thoughts, links or should i just stick with the original running gear?
    Black WB bodied HZ panelvan with a 400 chev called Frankie :nerviness:

Aquarious HX windowless Kingswood project.

Quote Originally Posted by hj308 View Post
    So if I want to fit a T5 box will I need an adaptor? do T5's bolt up to the aussie 4speed box/trimatic patterns or turbo patterns?
    T5 is turbo pattern..
    cheapest way to do it is to buy a vn to vt 5 speed car..they are at salvage auctions everyweek and anything up to 15 years old is stat right offs in nsw..price wise vn vp vr ss 5 speed go at salvage auctions as a high mileage pig/untidy low price 1200 to a tidy well looked after but damaged 2200.. vs vt are generally more expensive because of low ks and also because of the roller cam motor and the blocks are already relieved for stroker cranks..2200 to 4k dependant on damage...
    the better wreck you buy will return you money wrecking out the parts you dont want.
    you need hq to wb or lh lx v8 sump and pick up..hq to wb engine mount brackets..hq to wb water pump and pulleys.to swap onto commodore motor..
    Last edited by ozbox; 19-09-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Cruiser
    Thanks for that Greg, in regards to dropping a motor into a HZ from a Commodore Vn onwards I would need an engineers report? if I use a red motor bottom end would this bypass the engineers reports

yes you need to comply with adrs for engine number generally..mind you i had a wb 1 tonner with a vp ss motor complete in it and it sailed thru blue slip no engineers report at all,this was only 2 years ago......go figure...:Tophat:

Leadfoot
    Wow awesome, thanks.
    Black WB bodied HZ panelvan with a 400 chev called Frankie :nerviness:

Aquarious HX windowless Kingswood project.

if anyones interested i know where there's a NEW (still on pallet) VT roller stroker short motor for $4500

i can also get exceptional prices on any of the current Chev engines LS2, LS3, LS7 (427), LS9 (SC 6.2) and pretty much anything from the GM Performance range

Thread Information