Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted RTS badge & 5Lt badge for HZ Sandman & stickers

Cool Wanted RTS badge & 5Lt badge for HZ Sandman & stickers

G'day, my HZ sandman is half way through a bare metal respray & its time to get the badges & stickers organised.
    I am chasing a RTS & 5Lt badges for the tail gate for my HZ ? Can anyone point me in a direction ? Also I need a light blue/ mid blue/ Dark blue HZ sticker kit to suit my Atlantis blue.

My contact details are 0414-391316 or gayri@cba.com.au
    Cheers Richard

Gday Richard. Well you have the right place.

I can help you with the DX5 HZ kit (3 blues)

Its the next combo we do plan to do. We have just finished the white, mid blue, dark blue kit. Issue is we do not plan to have them done until early April.

Sad thing is there is a few guys wanting that same kit. Some of them have been on my list for 2 years. So we are as keen to get them done as they are!

If your happy to wait than I will put your name on a kit when they are done. If you want give me a buzz at some stage if you want to discuss. 0427110502. Also for your own info take the time to read the sections I have here on this forum about types of stickers you can get as this will help you make the best decision for your Sandman.

Cheers
    Jason

--- Updated ---

Out of interest Richard what month and year is your sandman? Are you sure your meant to have DX5 not DY4? At the end of your day its your sandman. but if you need help to know what holden "recommended" than let me know.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick reply, the HZ is a 11/1977 build registered in 02/1978 ?
    Which is recommended by Holden as the stickers were removed from the van when it was 6 mths old & I bought it off the original owner who said it had the light blue/mid blue/dark blue combo & thats what I was going off.
    Cheers Richard

Ok no worries Richard. From the info I have for a Pre 79 model in your paint it would have had the DY4. White, Mid Blue, Dark Blue.

From the info I have it wasnt until the 79 model that they got the 3 blue combo.

Does the original owner have any pics?
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

hey Richard, nice name

the engine capacity badge was not put on the tailgate of hx/z sandmans as the rear decal goes over where the badge normally sits.

as for the RTS badge, just go to a wrecker, mine had a lunchbox container full and i dug out a NOS one in its little baggie at the bottom and wasnt charged for it.

- the ski man
    (also a Richard)

also, mines an 11-77 build - which plant did yours roll out of?
    Last edited by the ski man; 10-02-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: mmmm nov-77 vans

Thanks for the info, the tail gate has the holes for the RTS badge & the original owner said that from new it had a 5lt badge on the lower opposite side of the tailgate to the RTS badge ?
    Did the factory 308 HZ's have a 5lt badge on the lower tail gate ?

Sandman Guru
    Standard factory HZ XU3 (and hence XX7) had the badge deleted, but it was the only item on the "delete part" of the Sandman package that you could elect to "un-delete".
    I suppose this was for those who chose option DL7.
    See attached extract from the special packages section of the HZ ordering procedure.

HZ RTS badges should be easy to find. Look also on the front guards of HZ and WB HOLDEN luxury level vehicles. Rare Spares do a repro too from memory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

gday

Howdy richard. welcome to the forum. There is a couple of us here from ballarat. We'll have to form a ballarat mysandman chapter soon!

Just for your interest my van which is also in ballarat has that stripe combo.

Check em out in this thread

http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...p?t=237&page=2

We'll have to have a few runs when we all get them on the road!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by hz308factory View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, the HZ is a 11/1977 build registered in 02/1978 ?
    Which is recommended by Holden as the stickers were removed from the van when it was 6 mths old & I bought it off the original owner who said it had the light blue/mid blue/dark blue combo & thats what I was going off.
    Cheers Richard

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Standard factory HZ XU3 (and hence XX7) had the badge deleted, but it was the only item on the "delete part" of the Sandman package that you could elect to "un-delete".
    I suppose this was for those who chose option DL7.
    See attached extract from the special packages section of the HZ ordering procedure.

HZ RTS badges should be easy to find. Look also on the front guards of HZ and WB HOLDEN luxury level vehicles. Rare Spares do a repro too from memory.
    Interesting as the van which I sent you the tags for yesterday, too had the holes on the rear tailgate for a 5litre badge, and I doubt it was not the original lower tailgate, it was also a 308 engine...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Yes, another car where the orderer has chose to "un-delete" the 5.0L badge. I know I'd have wanted it, but I would have always ordered DL7 (no stripes) on HX/HZ.

Thread Information