Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Spares

Banned
    Heading in the right direction with the input from people outside Rares Byron! Hope they do it with all their new products before release.

Quote Originally Posted by sstorana View Post
    JAson

I would be keen to see this screw as I had no trouble getting the grub screw remade for the Torana Park Brake release knobs.

I have also just done the heater control knobs for the LH/LX and they have a small screw as well..

cheers
    Mick
    mick...i have one with a knob as a sample...give it to you when i get back...

--- Updated ---

byron...good work and its a pity i could not be there ...but i was drunk in patang somewhere..
    did you tell them to fuck off there accountants and open the wallets so they dont skimp on quality as well...
    myself...i will believe it when its done but i reckon they will just ride the backs of the enthusiasts like mick who is doin it properly and then resell.....:crikey:

Sandman Guru
    Greg

You had to see the facility to believe it. I'm still not holding my breath, but I can see that the desire is there to improve their products, and to make sure new products are of acceptable quality. I have some ideas to talk to you about too when you get back.

I know its only small but how about the little rubber grommet that stops the grease coming out of the idler arm joint. I couldn't find these anywhere. I made mine instead..

Exchange Items like Heater motor, windscreen wiper motor, bonnet hinges, chrome. etc etc.. so they are all nice and fresh ready to put back on, and original.

I'm sure that they could do whole range of exchange stuff to help people freshen up their cars.

also some seatbelts to replace old ones. and get them to actually look like the originals.

A complete nut and bolt pack including everything to do a ground up resto. exchange maybe..
    Last edited by mook; 10-02-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Greg

You had to see the facility to believe it. I'm still not holding my breath, but I can see that the desire is there to improve their products, and to make sure new products are of acceptable quality. I have some ideas to talk to you about too when you get back.
    thats good byron...i will give you a yell as soon as im back in the country..

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    I know its only small but how about the little rubber grommet that stops the grease coming out of the idler arm joint. I couldn't find these anywhere. I made mine instead..

Exchange Items like Heater motor, windscreen wiper motor, bonnet hinges, chrome. etc etc.. so they are all nice and fresh ready to put back on, and original.

I'm sure that they could do whole range of exchange stuff to help people freshen up their cars.

also some seatbelts to replace old ones. and get them to actually look like the originals.

A complete nut and bolt pack including everything to do a ground up resto. exchange maybe..
    with all Mook said
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post

mook and anyone else who is talking about exchange items...its not that easy to source good restorable items..i do exchange wiper motors and 9 out of 10 returns are non reconditionable...suspension components have a huge public liability issue once recoed...things like this makes it hard to do a complete resto...they need to be reproduced and most tightarses wont pay $220 exchange for a recoed wiper motor..usa car wiper motors new are around the 300 australian..up and down so you can imagine what a hq to wb motor may be worth?

Sandman Guru
    As Greg says, cost of exchange items is a concern. Not sure about public liability and how to get around that. They do exchange steering shafts for HQ-WB though.

Banned
    I agree with Mook on the seat belt thing. These should really be a priority I think as they are a safety item and people are having to use second hand items. Seat belts cover a lot of other models as well so the cost would be easier to recover from a larger market.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Not sure about public liability and how to get around that.
    Isn't that why we have Public liability and indemnity insurance???
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Thread Information