Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T Hub crap

T Hub crap

I see Jennie mentioned their new T Hub malfunctioning. We bought one 3mths ago and it worked ok for the first few weeks, then the screen started freezing and we had to turn it off and on again to unfreeze it..... another week or so and it started re-setting itself to factory settings so we kept losing the stored contacts etc. We move to Melbourne and then the bloody useless thing keeps ringing if you answer with the handset instead of the screen......

Most usless piece of crap I have ever bought and now we are hassling with Telstra to get it repaired or exchanged after losing the receipt during the move..... bloody things haven't even been out for 12mths but they want proof of the purchase date......

New technology is only good if it actually works...

Anyone thinking of getting a T Hub.... DON'T waste your money..... buy an I phone instead...
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Well yes I have a similar story Sean. they offered us a Thub and TBox for nothing except $11/month. we received it a week before Xmas only to find it had a smashed screeen. I phoned them and they said another one was on its way....of course we got it in January...they said they would send a reply paid bag for the smashed one, they did nicely say if I didn't send it back would charge for both, plus the cost of extra. I still have not seen the bag, and phoned them about it yesterday...
    Meanwhile while there was a fire next door in the reserve, the phone kept saying busy, but I could answer and use the hub....as did the phones downstairs....also work. I phoned Telstra and spoke to an Australian thankfully, he said unplug the dock, and it will clear...all well and good except I needed it to be working when I was running around outside the house trying to phone the fire brigade...:angry: the phone also has too many buttons so it takes a minute to work out what to press to receive calls...oh well I thought I was up to new stuff, but obviously not

As for the Tbox, Rodney successfully downloaded a very good movie, which cost him $6, but you can hire them for less, but at least we didn't have to leave the house...not sure if that is worth the hassle either...Yes when technology works it is great, but bring back the old original dial phone I say. And I will be glad to drive the Sandman with no rings, dings, and we can manually wind up windows. I wonder how many times I will leave the headlights on tho
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    And I will be glad to drive the Sandman with no rings, dings, and we can manually wind up windows. I wonder how many times I will leave the headlights on tho
    At least the Sandman is manual and easy to push start....
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

this is my 1958 model t box and its the only one i will have in my shed...

Banned
    Hey Greg we were still using one of them in 1987, we were one of the last places to go automatic in NSW. I havnt been able to remember a phone number longer than 2 numbers since! Hang on, that is an automatic phone. Ours didnt even have any numbers on it, just a winding knob!
    I also hate cordless phones, they need a cord to tie them to something so you can find the stupid thing when you need to ring up.
    T-hub...... will cross that off the list, telstra dont need to give me any more reasons to hate them at this stage.

james that phone was still being used at my grandmothers in greenacre sydney in 1998.
    i use to stand on a chair when i was a kid to use it.
    when i got it in 98 i mounted it half way up the wall on purpose....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    james that phone was still being used at my grandmothers in greenacre sydney in 1998.
    Childhood memories hey!

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    What, so you have to stand on a ladder now.
    Bwahahahahaha
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    What, so you have to stand on a ladder now.
    Bwahahahahaha
    not a ladder just a chair.....:lol:

The T hub has gone back, there is a smashed one at the door, which arrived that way, and am still waiting for telstra to send a return bag...and one which neither of the two handsets work, I told them the concept was good, but they need a year to iron out all their problems. And if they didn't hurry up and send the return bags, I would dump them....:angry:

Oh well back to the old handsets which do work....:lol:
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information