Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hq sandman sold

Hq sandman sold

after 10 years of collecting new old stock and all the super rare bits for my hq sandman i decided to sell it...its gone to a good home and should be restored this year and will then spend most of her life in a private collection museum...

I hope that you are not too sad to see it go oz. But I'm sure that you got what you wanted for it! And it was probably under priced with all the unobtanium.

Wow, hope you can convince the guy to join here and post some photos of the process.

Mauser

He is a good mate of ours, and lives one hour away so I will get pics of his resto as this is done at his place...his panel beater organised our tan paint too and we liase a lot about restos etc. It will live in his glass fronted museum which is built out of stones, and is amazing....along with his Absinth HJ, there is a thread about his van called lauries HJ Sandman I will look for the link and put it here....he is doing a set, and is also doing utes...he has almost finished his windsor blue HZ...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    I hope that you are not too sad to see it go oz. But I'm sure that you got what you wanted for it! And it was probably under priced with all the unobtanium.
    mook..how do you price something so rare?..im happy with what i got but more happy that someone will restore it to its former showroom glory..i had to face up to the fact that i could not devote myself to do it unless i retired..
    luckily i have been appointed chief advisor on the restoration of the van and also the xx7 hj ute i sold him as well..

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Wow, hope you can convince the guy to join here and post some photos of the process.

Mauser
    yes he will be sending me all the pics of the process and i will be putting them up here in another thread..he probably wont join as he is a busy man..:Flower:

That's good to see oz,it has gone to a good home and will be loved forever. Such a rare vehicle,I wouldn't be game to drive it,not even around here.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sad to see it go I bet. But always good to know it is going to someone who truly appreciates them.

It's good to see you found a use for Grandma's old crochet rug that prob took her two years to complete.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    It's good to see you found a use for Grandma's old crochet rug that prob took her two years to complete.... lol
    grandpas flasher rug was put to good use covering a pair of unscratched door glass...

Ahh the old crochet blanket.
    I have one on the back shelf of my Commodore.

Reminds me of crochet bikini's.
    I remember these ones: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WHITE-Sexy-Br...item564220dca3

But not these ones: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Crosses-Hand-...item27b81e3664
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Thread Information