Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Mooks HQ, HJ, HX, HZ, WB Sandman Mockup

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Rubber is in backwards Mook, lipped side should be against the tailgate.
    Bugger, wonder how easy it will be to remove the t-lugs. Not.

Very carefully

With the trouble lights on the GTS dash I have an extra light for high beams that doesn't go in the gauge. Is it possible to wire 2 sets of wires to one of the globes? Will this harm anything?

Ok, I have been working out how to use a multi meter on the ohms setting to test my looms. I find it incredibly difficult to read electrical diagrams so I'm working out what my current 3 plugs do.
    So there is the 2 male plugs that come off the column (the indicator stalk and the column mechanism) there is also the Female plug that comes off the dash loom. I feel that I will find it easier to use the origenal dash loom even though I will have to do some tinkering with the warning lights as my loom is for a later model.

Factory Loom Plugs.JPG

This first spreadsheet is what I have discovered using the multi meter. The dash was quite easy to work out, but the mechanisums in the indicator are not as straight forward.
    How do I work out which output are for display lights and which ones are for the actual function.
    Example the indicator switch will activate 2 pairs of terminals. I think this would mean one pair is for the dash globe and the other pair operates the actual indicators.

As you can see there are gaps or terminals that I couldn't find their function. Any assistance would be fantastic!

Loom checklists.JPG
    this spreadsheet is the list provided buy the people that i got the loom from. I have re typed this so I hope I haven't made any mistakes in it..
    Its interesting as there are some fuctions on these lists that looks like its the wrong way round (eg teminals H13 H18) should be on the dash checklist.. there are also functions that look as though they should be on the body checklists (H23, H24)

So what Am I trying to Achieve you ask?
    I have got some old plugs that I have cut of damaged looms and I have ordered new terminals that I can crimp straight onto the new loom. This would then make it plug and play! and an easy to understand source for others to re wire their old holdens.

I figure the dash is the hardest bit to work out so once thats done it should be smooth sailing. I will then address the ignition, park switch, relocation of highbeam to column (loom allows for floor switch)..

wow my head hurts, but it'll be worth it!

May as well add these suckers.
    Fist pic is of the dimmer, second is of the plugs for the high beam and interior/headlight on off switch/dash lights.
    Just trying to work out how to change the loom to suit.

All New Terminals have been ordered from here
    http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Gen...eners_s/64.htm
    Last edited by mook; 06-10-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Swapped the tailgate rubber around... Wtf? Still won't close but is better.

On another note, dropped the trans put in the torque converter, then starter and extractors went in.. Ceramic coat in black is sensual btw..
    Last edited by mook; 10-10-2014 at 10:14 PM.

You know you're not changing the loom at the headlight switch? You'll be integrading the hi/low beam switch into the steering collumn?

Quote Originally Posted by ambientgoat View Post
    You know you're not changing the loom at the headlight switch? You'll be integrading the hi/low beam switch into the steering collumn?
    Yep, no switch. Just operates on the stalk pull?

That’s the business, are you replacing any of the wiring in the column, or will you just be going new wires to the blade connectors?
    Also, what column are we talking about, I know off the top of my head that WB and HZ have different wiring after JAFT had some issues.

Ok tailgate fixed I cut down the seal so it would close...
    Wheels painted.

Booked in for exhaust on Wednesday.

Ruber magic from rare spares works really well for softening rubbers btw, doors close a charm now. Magic in a can!
    Last edited by mook; 20-10-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Looks really good. What is the colour called? I did a quick flick through this thread but didn't spot the colour name anywhere (apart from the obvious...its green) It sort of looks like Jamaican Lime on this computer screen.

Thread Information